Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 10:28pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Door electrics »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Door electrics
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Door electrics  (Read 722 times)
Glyn

Now an OAP ! 95 cossie and another !and a 12v

View Profile

Door electrics
« on: Mar 17th, 2015, 1:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have posted this really for interest, as I think I now know the answer.
Driving back from a short journey (24v) I found that the drivers window would not open although I could hear the relay clicking. I then discovered that the rear R(offside) window would not work either although both L(nearside) windows operated.  
5 minutes later all was ok and working but then it happened again but again resolved itself . All other functions appeared ok
The following day the windows were fine but the door ajar warning remained and the alarm would not set but the central locking worked ok.
With the knowledge of my previous problem with the alarm (same door!) I had a play with the multiplug in the door pillar, sprayed with contact cleaner reassembled then nothing worked. Found that tightening the connection as tight as I could with my fingers, everything worked!
Had a word with my auto-electrician friend and he says these connectors in the door pillars are a pain in all makes and have to be very tight to make a proper connection- so much so that they have a special tool to tighten them with!
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Door electrics
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17th, 2015, 6:47am »

Glynn, thank you for that. It is precisely these sort of posts which help members. I will leave it here for now but will eventually move it to "How to do Things "where it will be locked for future reference. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Nunnspoet

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17th, 2015, 7:15am »

Really good info Glyn,  Cool.

I make a point, especially throughout the Winter, to operate all switches etc, including opening and closing all doors and windows fairly regularly - paying extra attention to the Sunroof as it doesn't take long for it to get a bit stickey.

Mike   Smiley
IP Logged
Glyn

Now an OAP ! 95 cossie and another !and a 12v

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17th, 2015, 11:38pm »

Thanks, I just thought it might save somebody a lot of trouble if a similarly bizarre set of problems arises.
Glyn
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.