Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 4:19pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« abs & tc lights on »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   abs & tc lights on
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: abs & tc lights on  (Read 741 times)
Torbayboy

View Profile

abs & tc lights on
« on: Sep 2nd, 2018, 8:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all you Scorpio-ers
I drove the 24v today first time for a run for a while, got there OK but on restarting to come home abs & tc lights on and stay on.

Haven't had codes read yet as I am unable to do it myself tc switch seems inoperative as both lights are on immediately withthe ignition, am I right in thinking the motor for tc is the one on top of the abs controller cas is jan 95 build saloon.
 Thanks  Roy
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: abs & tc lights on
« Reply #1 on: Sep 2nd, 2018, 8:31pm »

Have a look at This page which may help.A comman cause of failure is the connector from the motor which is shown in several of the photos. As said it causes vibration on the PCB and thus the pins work loose and need resoldering.

To test the actual motor simply put 12v to it.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 2nd, 2018, 9:15pm »

on Sep 2nd, 2018, 8:31pm, Simmo wrote:
Have a look at This page which may help.A comman cause of failure is the connector from the motor which is shown in several of the photos. As said it causes vibration on the PCB and thus the pins work loose and need resoldering.

To test the actual motor simply put 12v to it.

It'll be a 1095 code.   That mans the 'pins' need a wee solder

IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 4th, 2018, 11:28am »

fault code c1145 front right sensor input fail.

Any advice welcome
Roy
IP Logged

Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 5th, 2018, 6:56am »

Roy, try cleaning the 'ring'. There should be a large plastic cap which when removed reveals the teeth of the ring as it passes under the sensor. Dirt, rust etc can collect on that and disrupt the signal. Remove the wheel, remove the cap, insert a piece of emery cloth between the sensor and the ring and rotate the hub thus cleaning the teeth. Clean the underside of the sensor as best you can!
DO NOT try and remove the sensor. They usually seize solid in the hub and have to be drilled out. Check that the wiring to the sensor is intact and the connector, clipped to the suspension strut, is clean. Maybe spray that with contact cleaner or WD.  
 Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 5th, 2018, 10:58am »

I think this is more likely a faulty connection than dirty sensor ring. You could try disconnecting the plug clipped to the wing & connect together the 2 pins to the controller & see if it passes the static test - obviously won't pass the rolling test.

With a meter test to see if there's a resistance reading across the pins to the sensor.

Check the lead hasn't been rubbing on the tyre.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Sep 6th, 2018, 11:25am »

+++Now fixed+++

It seems fiddling about with the wires at the back of the wheel whilst trying to see how it all is connected fixed it.

Thank you all for your help in keeping another one going.
  Roy
IP Logged

Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 7th, 2018, 8:17am »

When I had my Scorpio the plugs on the front ABS sensors which are clipped into the inner wheel arch seemed to get very dirty and sometime caused problems. Ford recommend the use of a silicone type grease to coat the connected plugs with and it may be worth getting some on yours after cleaning, etc. I used plumbers silicone and replaced every time I changed to oil, which I did every 6k , (old fashioned, and old habits) It seemed to work for me. when I got rid of my scorpio it had over a 170k on the clock and going extremely well.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 7th, 2018, 10:20pm »

on Sep 7th, 2018, 8:17am, Snoopy wrote:
When I had my Scorpio the plugs on the front ABS sensors which are clipped into the inner wheel arch seemed to get very dirty and sometime caused problems. Ford recommend the use of a silicone type grease to coat the connected plugs with and it may be worth getting some on yours after cleaning, etc. I used plumbers silicone and replaced every time I changed to oil, which I did every 6k , (old fashioned, and old habits) It seemed to work for me. when I got rid of my scorpio it had over a 170k on the clock and going extremely well.

I concur.   I had a couple of problems with the front 'joints'.   Pull them apart, and have a look inside the connections for the 'green-stuff'.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.