Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 8:25pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« CD player »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   CD player
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CD player  (Read 731 times)
anselm

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

CD player
« on: Aug 2nd, 2020, 9:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Since I changed the car battery, the CD player and the radio column changer wont work.
Radio/cassette player work okay  
My car is the 1995 scorpio ultima which I have owned for 20 years  
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

Re: CD player
« Reply #1 on: Aug 2nd, 2020, 10:27am »

Hello as you have changed the battery and nothing else I presume, did you make sure all wires were reconnected?
There is a small black wire that can get "lost" on battery changing and has caused many members problems over the years.

You dont say what spec the radio is and is it the half size one on early models or the full size 6000/7000 rds one on the later bearing in mind some of the 6000 have single cd capacity built in but can still use the changer.

Is ther a disc stuck in the changer or no dscs at all and the system may be searching for them?

Also have you checked fuse No 8 central fuse box (drivers side middle row (wing side of the car) second fuse in should be 5 amp the radio is the only thing on that fuse so should be a straight replace and bingo!! alls well that ends well.
 HTH stay safe
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
anselm

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10th, 2020, 8:54pm »

on Aug 2nd, 2020, 10:27am, Torbayboy wrote:
Hello as you have changed the battery and nothing else I presume, did you make sure all wires were reconnected?
There is a small black wire that can get "lost" on battery changing and has caused many members problems over the years.

You dont say what spec the radio is and is it the half size one on early models or the full size 6000/7000 rds one on the later bearing in mind some of the 6000 have single cd capacity built in but can still use the changer.

Is ther a disc stuck in the changer or no dscs at all and the system may be searching for them?

Also have you checked fuse No 8 central fuse box (drivers side middle row (wing side of the car) second fuse in should be 5 amp the radio is the only thing on that fuse so should be a straight replace and bingo!! alls well that ends well.
 HTH stay safe

IP Logged
anselm

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: CD player/steering column radio remote dont wo
« Reply #3 on: Aug 10th, 2020, 8:57pm »

The radio and cassette player work fine, so no loose wire to the radio
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Aug 11th, 2020, 12:44am »

The CD changer is fed from fuse 24 but that also feeds the interior lights.
There is a 3 amp blade fuse in one of the wires between the radio & CD changer but whether it affects the remote I don't know. It's supposed to be clipped to the back of the radio but may be hanging loose. You may be able to get to it from the passenger footwell - an orange wire according to the diagrams.
I see in your other post you say "Power  at the CD player" so may rule out that fuse.

I recently had an intermittent CD fault that turned out to be a badly latched plug at the back of the radio, might be worth unplugging all the radio connectors & plugging them back in - you'll need your radio code.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
anselm

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Aug 11th, 2020, 3:09pm »

Thanks for the info, I will remove the radio and check the connections, another problem yesterday was an mot fail of the fog light indicator not showing when the fog lights was switched on in the test
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.