Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 6:19pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Car dead (ABS, ECU?) »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Car dead (ABS, ECU?)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Car dead (ABS, ECU?)  (Read 353 times)
szinyei

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Car dead (ABS, ECU?)
« on: Mar 2nd, 2022, 7:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone, after 23 years of ownership the end nears. Maybe not, if someone could help.
Electrically everything seems to be ok (2.0 16v 95). Spark plugs have no spark. The car would not start. Apparently, the ABS LED is constanly on. Could it be that the ABS control unit is not working properly and therefore the ECU will not allow the EDIS to control the spark plugs? Any suggestions? Again, it is not a cut off loom problem or whatever (maybe ECU --> ABS module connection, wires broken (?), if at all). Systems were swapped many times (ECU, EDIS, etc., everything is 100% ok, apart from ABS control unit. This was not checked yet). Sparks are missing. Thanks for your help. Maybe we can save the car, otherwise it is the end of it. Best regards, Csaba
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

Re: Car dead (ABS, ECU?)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 9th, 2022, 1:05pm »

I've never heard of the ABS affecting the running of the car & would think it highly unlikely. Plenty of owners have driven with the ABS light on until they have to get it fixed for the MOT. You can drive around with ABS disconnected.
I assume you've checked all fuses.
Sadly loom damage is a major problem, the loom that runs round the front of the car (on RH drive models) from the passenger footwell to the cut off loom plug can have serious damage but the only way to tell is to remove the tape covering.
The shielded cable from the ECU to the EDIS is also a known problem.

IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
szinyei

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24th, 2022, 7:48pm »

Hi there, my car was not starting, there was no spark at all. The solution was that the crankshaft sensor had to be DIRECTLY connected to the EDIS modul (pins 5 and 6, wh/rd, br/rd). The cut-off loom is practically new. There must be a problem between the C110 connector and EDIS module. This solution is a good one. It has something to do with heat development, and cracking of the insulation from the C110 to the EDIS module - I believe. Best regards, Csaba
IP Logged
szinyei

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 24th, 2022, 7:49pm »

Who is still working on looms? What would it cost approximately to rewire the loom form the ECU? Thanks!
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25th, 2022, 6:39pm »

Hi I added this contacted a little while ago, They will replicate a loom for you but need it sending etc, link below

https://www.autosparks.co.uk/finder/

Not sure where you are they're in midlands

IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
szinyei

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30th, 2022, 8:05pm »

Thank you! They wrote me that they could not do the job, the scorpios were too modern...
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.