Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 4:31pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Strange things. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Strange things.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Strange things.  (Read 342 times)
a900one

A scorpio is for life not just for christmas

View Profile Email

Strange things.
« on: Nov 29th, 2022, 6:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all went to the scorpio today, kept in garage, and the windows were up, Ihad left them down a bit for a battery charger to keep battery up. Opened the drivers door and the alarm went off, the car was unlocked , used key in the door to turn it off. THe battery had gone flat when I was in hospital for 9 weeks getting out about 6 weeks  ago, could that have caused it. I will disconnect the battery  over night soon to see if that helps.  Any thougts,
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

Re: Strange things.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29th, 2022, 7:02pm »

Hi Gerald,

Is the alternator drawing current? had this on mine.  

Local ford guy here reckons you should double lock all the time as this is the right way for the car to go to sleep, as it shuts all the circuits down properly.

Perchance leaving the windows open set the alarm off and the indicators drained the battery (horn shuts up but the flashers still flash), had this once on the 2.3 thats for sale.

How good/bad is the battery? I keep my cars that are not used regularly on trickle chargers (solar so this comment is rubbish as yours is indoor).

Let us know how it pans out.

R
 Grin
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
a900one

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29th, 2022, 8:19pm »

Hi Roy
The car is in the garage and left unlocked and the alarm is off, the widow is left open for the wire for the trickle charger, so the battery is fully charged. the global closeing and double locking .seems not to work on that door.  The battery is about 18 months old, so no problem with that
IP Logged
a900one

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 17th, 2023, 12:41pm »

Battery just gave up, only 3 years old, so that may have been it. Had a 4year guarantee with Eurocar parts ,
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20th, 2023, 7:28pm »

Seems batteries never last like they should, they don't like going flat and decease easily if this happens on a regular basis.
 Car needs use and regular runs is the only real way to keep them in shape.  

You need 670 cranking amps for your cossie.  

Though having said that I have a Halfords jump pack-size of a fag packet that starts my 3 litres so long as above 3v, really handy, even if dead flat 10 minutes on charger and switch to the jump pack and it's off within seconds

Have used Ebay for batteries for a while now, much cheaper than local guys and if you order by about 2 pm it's with you next day, well packed to boot and all makes available, I used tayna batteries(or something similar) on fleabay.

I might be wrong but global closing operates from drivewrs door, even works on 12v estate from jun 95, some times you have to give it time to work though.
 Stay well

Smiley Smiley
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
Pegasus

24V Cosworth  Ultima Born: Sept 97, sold Aug 23

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 24th, 2023, 4:46pm »

Global closing should also work from front passenger's door. Wait for the 2 flashes on indicators then it's done.

TBH I never used to lock my doors when left in the garage (without any problems) but do now
IP Logged

Go Go Go ...
a900one

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 26th, 2023, 5:39pm »

Its done it again,  left with drivers windoiw half down and sunroof part open, both shut and alarm went off when opening door. The global closing/opening worked on the key, only opening working before, cpuld it be the door module ??.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.