Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 4:18pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Cosworth 24v still cutting out »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Cosworth 24v still cutting out
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cosworth 24v still cutting out  (Read 571 times)
cobrascim

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: Cosworth 24v still cutting out
« Reply #20 on: Feb 26th, 2024, 8:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The more I am thinking about this I am now suspecting the connection to the crank sensor is/was the problem. With changing the sensor last summer and plugging onto the spare one it will have made a clean connection at that time. Lasted til now to fail again. Then with me unplugging for test and putting car wiring plug back on I have made connection good again. If the happens again I know exactly what to unplug and replace. I think some dirt must be getting into it. After all it is at the bottom of the engine and I do still have my undertray off it since last summer.
IP Logged
cobrascim

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Mar 14th, 2024, 11:35am »

Well engine cut out again. But another thing that has been on my to do list for a wee while now after rewiring all the engine and gearbox looms abd local wires to EDIS etc. was to run a new 4 core screened cable from the EDIS to the PCM (EECV). Seen on a lot of the older posts that this part of the wiring is also important as the loss of the PIP signal to PCM would make it think the engine wasn't running and stop firing the injectors. When chasing my fault I was going between thinking it was a fuel problem then an electrical problem and I think it has been misleading me a wee bit with the characteristics of its failure. I think faults on the old screened cable would cause the engine to cut out due to shutting off the firing side of the injectors and probably fuel pump/relay. I have done 3 short runs of around 7 miles (to build up confidence) and the only issue I have is that my rev counter has stopped working. I still have the bottom of the dash off at the moment and need to investigate this issue now. I'm not surel if the rev counter is driven from PCM or there was a splice off the PIP wire on the old screened cable that is no longer in use. I shall find out but I am hoping this has finally put the cutting out issue to bed. Will report back.
John.
IP Logged
cobrascim

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: Mar 28th, 2024, 10:31am »

Built up confidence in car running around locally and took it through to Edinburgh and back yesterday. 150 mile round trip in the rain and slush with lpg re-connected also and car ran brilliantly. Looks like I finally have cured the cutting out problem. Might go back and change the crank sensor back to old one just to check it. Might get lucky and it could be fine seeing as you just cant get them from anywhere. I'll get round to doing the rest of the engine bay chassis loom from the lower sections of plugs C110 and C112 during the summer months.
John.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.