Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 5:07am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Write off's »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Insurance Matters/Advice
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Write off's
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Write off's  (Read 12636 times)
wbph

View Profile

Re: Write off's
« Reply #20 on: Jan 9th, 2011, 11:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Gopt our Scorpio sideswiped by a Dutch lorry last February. Still trying to get it sorted by the insurance but got £480 plus the car. £150 to sort out the dent, £49 for the veh exam at the local centre.

Eight weeks ago rear of the car got rammed. This time £660 plus the car. S/hand bumper to repair.

Told the wife to make sure its the front or the other side next time, but not the roof ! Should get our money back we paid for it ten years ago at this rate !
IP Logged
Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Jun 6th, 2011, 5:59am »

When I bought my scorpio it was advertised as being a cat d having had a small accident. The owner needed a new rear bumper but no other damage. I bought the car now dvla say it needs a vic test before they let me have the log book.
The previous owners insurance class it is cat d but the 3rd parties insurance told dvla it was a class c.

I have spent a lot of time and money since buying it but can't get my money back from the previous owner as I can't transfur it back to them.

I think I will have to try and threaten the 3rd parties insurance company with a large court action for compensation when I get all their details but I doubt it will get anywhere.
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: Jun 6th, 2011, 10:31am »

Why not just take it for a VIC,it's only to make sure that it's the same car,it's not an MOT inspection,just an anti ringing safeguard.
                GOZZ.
IP Logged
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Jun 6th, 2011, 12:00pm »

Must admit that occurred to me too! Grin

I think the moral of all this is if there's no 3rd party involved (or sometimes even if there is, re my carpark damage) and you are able fix it yourself or get it fixed more easily and economically, don't bother your insurers with it!

Comprehensive cover seems like the cat's whiskers except if it's an 'own prang' and seems bad enough to warrant try claiming for it they'll just write it off instead.

IP Logged

Mike H
Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: Jun 6th, 2011, 1:30pm »

It is just that I shouldn't have to. Cat d is light repairable damage with no vic test cat c is heavy damage but repairable with vic test.

The previous owners insurance say it was cat d which it is and the insurance of the bloke that hit him agreed but told dvla it was cat c. That agree now it was a cat d but don't want to inform dvla of thier mistake.

The cost of the vic test is about £45 but it will cost me more than that in petrol to get to the nearest vic testing station.

As the seller sold the car as a cat d he should pay but won't because he says it is the insurance company that made the mistake and they should pay. That money is needed to do the running repairs to the car before I can do the preventative fixes.

The other problem is that there is a 3 month waiting list for vic tests unless I want to travel further.

Another thing I thought was wrong is if the previous owner kept the car he didn't need a vic test so again why should I it seems a wierd rule.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.