Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 10:01am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« ABS C1095 Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Failure »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   How to do things!
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   ABS C1095 Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Failure
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ABS C1095 Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Failure  (Read 54184 times)
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: ABS C1095 Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Failure
« Reply #40 on: May 14th, 2007, 12:06pm »

This is now a NEW WEB page on the main site about this.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: May 28th, 2007, 1:09am »

Well I did my Teves IV on Saturday.  Don't have a code reader for ABS so no idea what codes I was getting but thought I'd try it anyway.  Solder joints didn't look bad, but they don't always so I resoldered them both anyway.  Imagine my frustration when the light came on several times later that day (always went out when ignition cycled and >11mph), but it hasn't done it at all today and I've done nearly 200 miles in the rain...

Thinking about it, it's likely I've got more than one fault - previously it would either a)  ABS light wouldn't go out at all (except sometimes at >11mph) b) ABS operates below about 5mph even under normal braking; light often comes on shortly after.

After resoldering the motor pins the light now always goes off after a few seconds, but I think one or more wheel sensors are duff because (b) still happens.  Any idea how to find out which it is without a code reader or a trip to FMD?

Darren
IP Logged
Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #42 on: May 28th, 2007, 9:42am »

Hi there. it should be like this:

1) each sensor has a resistance of about 1100 ohm (or 1150 - can't remember exactly)

2) with the wheel suspended and rotating a slight voltage should appear between the pins of the sensor eg. 0.2 Volts (alternative current)

3) print out the schematics here http://www.carsoft.ru/avtorepair/sierra_el.html   and look if all the sensors have continuity at the pump connector.

4) If all is ok from the electrical point of view, it could be that one sensor is dirty. The dirty sensor should produce a smaller voltage than the others. But a multimeter is not that precise. If you have access to an oscilloscope you could actually see the waveforms.
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #43 on: May 28th, 2007, 10:57am »

Thanks for that - I do have an 'scope but just couldn't be bothered to learn how to use it and the problem is so intermittent that I don't think I'd see it unless I was very lucky.  Still, if a dirty sensor does output a lower voltage or a different waveform then that would be a valuable clue.

Darren
IP Logged
Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #44 on: May 29th, 2007, 8:56am »

Also just remembered, you could check if the front hubs have the protective plastic caps. On my cossie i lost one, and the sensor and the ring were exposed and full of dirt
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
Pages: 1 2 3  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.