Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 8:29pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Fog lamp indicator »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   How to do things!
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Fog lamp indicator
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fog lamp indicator  (Read 2780 times)
mikeb

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Fog lamp indicator
« on: Apr 3rd, 2010, 12:41pm »

Hi All,
A condition of the MOT is to have the small indicator lamp on the light switch bezel illuminate when the fog lamps are switched on.  Mine has worked intermittently over the years and was OK when switched on initially but went out a short time after.  I suppose on test, if it works as soon as switched on, it passes.  On recently checking, the fog lamps lit  but the indicator didn't.  Unusually, I couldn't find anything on this amazing site specific to the replacement of this indicator light.
I removed the bezel and unplugged following instructions as shown on http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/manual/electrical/intbasic/Switch-Light.pdf   the backplate is held on with 2 Philips type screws, removing these exposes the circuit board and the LED mounted in a small black rubber housing.  No de-soldering is required as this unit simply pulls of from two pins and can then be stripped down by straightening the wires exposing the LED and a plastic housing which supports an guides the anode+  and shorter cathode- wires.  I bought a LED from Maplins reference YY38 Yellow  The rubber housing has a small raised section to identify the polarity.  I reassembled, bent and trimmed the wires and refitted the plug back on to the pins, the polarity+ is identified on the circuit board.  The indicator now works.  I hope this will help others.
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

Re: Fog lamp indicator
« Reply #1 on: Apr 3rd, 2010, 1:25pm »

Useful to know, just had a look at an old switch - pity all led’s don’t come out so easily.

Dave
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Pages: 1  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.