Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 8:31pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 24v Radiator »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   How to do things!
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   24v Radiator
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 24v Radiator  (Read 2983 times)
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

24v Radiator
« on: Jul 5th, 2010, 11:32am »

My 24v has just passed the 40,000 mile mark this weekend since being fitted with the 16v radiator and header tank.

Not heard of any problems from anyone else thats tried it despite it being a significantly smaller radiator with smaller diameter veins.

I drive it pretty hard and would now safely conclude that this fix works Smiley

Any automatic (gearbox cooler pipes route through the radiator on the nearside) radiator can be used  except for the diesel, which is a different beastie altogether.

24v has an extra pipe from the N/S top of the radiator to the header tank so either blank off the extra pipe on the header tank or replace it with the two pipe version tank from the 16v or 12v

My personal view is that the 24v radiator has a design fault causing the ballooning

IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

Re: 24v Radiator
« Reply #1 on: Jul 5th, 2010, 12:15pm »

The proof of the pudding is in the eating eh Stuart ! there have been many theories relating to the bulge problem,it has to be excess pressure,as an hydraulic circuit is constant throughout the cap should control it unless it is so sudden and severe that the cap can't handle it.I had a Cossie a little while ago that the previous owner had fitted a pattern part rad to,it was all new and shiny but had already shoved the bottom rail off,which lay on the undertray.The 24v is a great lump when running properly,but I am convinced it was never thoroughly tested,and is basically a dodgy lash up.
           GOZZ.
IP Logged
Nunnspoet

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 7th, 2010, 10:25am »

Thanks for this info Stuart.  Really usefull to know.
Smiley

Mike
IP Logged
Thunderchild

My other car's an Aprilia

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 29th, 2010, 1:19pm »

Like Stuart, mine has been running fine for about the same number of miles (40,000) with the 2ltr rad fitted. When I replaced the heater matrix with a pattern one specially made for me it was the matrix which split and not the rad!! Badly scalded foot for my troubles and the matrix has now been replaced with a pucker Ford one. You live and learn.. how I love these cars.

Tc
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.