Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 6:25am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« R574RTF »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Seen by You
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   R574RTF
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: R574RTF  (Read 899 times)
Matt63

4 x 24v Ultimas - looking for more!

View Profile

R574RTF
« on: Apr 18th, 2011, 3:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Seen on EBay a few weeks back, a 24V Ultima in blue with 33k miles first registered 5th September 2000.  Strangely it had normal front headlights and grill but a facelift rear.  Has anyone encountered that before? A quick check revealed it was a Cat C write-off but despite that something still seems fishy to me.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: R574RTF
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18th, 2011, 8:37am »

There are a lot of anomolies ...pre facelifted Scorpios which have had front or rear end bumps (perhaps a few years ago when they didn't write them off) and the only parts available from fords were facelift grilles and lights etc.

You also find the opposite where some facelift cars now have a bump and for quick repairs and to save the car being written off; the owners buy the parts from a breaker and end up with pre facelift rears etc.

Not so uncommon..... plus you have the late registered pre-facelift cars that Fords never sold early on. There have been examples of T reg old style cars just as there have been facelifted ones too.... All an anomoly created by Ford when they changed the look and then scrapped the design all within 7 months back in 1998
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18th, 2011, 8:48am »

If it's R reg it couldn't have been first registered in 2000.I have a pre facelift first registered in 1999 with an S prefix,many of these cars lay in compounds for a long time as their popularity was not great to say the least,mainly due to the design coming before it's time.Many people have 'facelifted'  their cars by fitting later parts,sometimes just the rear,the front being more involved as a later bumper would be required.

GOZZ.
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18th, 2011, 10:46am »

Unless the reg. was changed and R574 RTF is a cherished plate?
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18th, 2011, 1:54pm »

Yep,could mean something to Ronald Thomas French  Cool
IP Logged
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18th, 2011, 2:28pm »

on Apr 18th, 2011, 10:46am, Highlander wrote:
Unless the reg. was changed and R574 RTF is a cherished plate?

Possibly registered from new with a private plate and then given an age related plate when the car was sold on and the original owner transferred the private plate onto another car Huh
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
Matt63

4 x 24v Ultimas - looking for more!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18th, 2011, 7:45pm »

Interesting to hear that "hybrids" do exist!  The reason for my interest is that I have a 24V Ultima with registration number R469RTF!

It was first registered in 1999 to Ford Motor Co. but had spent its first two years in Jersey. It has a note on the log book "was registered and/or used elsewhere in the UK.  Declared manufactured 1997."  Hence, presumably, the "R" plate.

The vehicle had a very low mileage of 5,200 when I bought it in 2001, it still had all the protective plastic around the edges of the doors.  After ten years it has only recently gone round the clock and it is my favourite car to drive.  The only trouble I have ever really had has been a recurring flat battery which seems to happen every couple of years or so, and once a garage managed to get the key stuck in the ignition!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.