Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 12:20am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Re: Scorpio 24v Mreg »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Parts For Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Re: Scorpio 24v Mreg
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Scorpio 24v Mreg  (Read 1411 times)
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« on: Jun 28th, 2005, 7:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Have you tried a full system reset since you had the pats error?

But it does sound like a wiring problem or bad connection that has been disturbed since you had all the work done, Only thing totry is going round the engine bay systematically cleaning all the plugs, and connections.  
have you tried a new PATS Module? Rather than the key.
I take it ALL the fuses etc are still OK . its sometimes the simple things that get missed.

Work in a systematic way so that you have coverd all the bases.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
martin_rowe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: Jun 28th, 2005, 8:57am »

dont want to be a pesimist, but have you checked the compressions since it stopped, if thats ok, try squirting some engine cold start in to see if it tries to start, that rules out ignition, check fuses in fue boxes, short in injector wiring will blow fuse. if its got fuel, ignition, compression & spark it will run, you have to rule these out, find the one that is missing.
IP Logged

Rally Drivers Do It Sideways
mjnewham

24v Hungry & Thirsty

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 28th, 2005, 9:37pm »

on Jun 28th, 2005, 7:38am, Snoopy wrote:
Have you tried a full system reset since you had the pats error?

But it does sound like a wiring problem or bad connection that has been disturbed since you had all the work done, Only thing totry is going round the engine bay systematically cleaning all the plugs, and connections.  
have you tried a new PATS Module? Rather than the key.
I take it ALL the fuses etc are still OK . its sometimes the simple things that get missed.

Work in a systematic way so that you have coverd all the bases.

Well, I've got to the stage where I can't afford any more time - it's been almost a year now and I have spent almost £2,000..  

The battery was dead for a couple of weeks - does that count as a full reset ?

All fuses are ok, and the thought to getting another PATS, sending it back to a garage to have it programmed, just to see if it was faulty makes me twitch a little..  

This was my only car I have had the "pool" car for the period, but I think they will want it back soon - so I need what people might think it's worth in it current state (good engine, electrics - a little work).

IP Logged
mjnewham

24v Hungry & Thirsty

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 28th, 2005, 9:40pm »

on Jun 28th, 2005, 8:57am, martin_rowe wrote:
dont want to be a pesimist, but have you checked the compressions since it stopped, if thats ok, try squirting some engine cold start in to see if it tries to start, that rules out ignition, check fuses in fue boxes, short in injector wiring will blow fuse. if its got fuel, ignition, compression & spark it will run, you have to rule these out, find the one that is missing.

We cannot even get a spark (sadly).. It's had a complete new upper loom from Ford..
IP Logged
solarpanel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 28th, 2005, 9:51pm »

hi, you say it wont start does the engine turn over, as i have one that sometimes you turn the key and the starter just  moves as if the battery is dead the engine only moves round a tiny amount,found that a fuse had blown on the electronic and you had to use a meter to test the fuse.if i remember right fuse 16/17
IP Logged
mjnewham

24v Hungry & Thirsty

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 29th, 2005, 7:48am »

on Jun 28th, 2005, 9:51pm, solarpanel wrote:
hi, you say it wont start does the engine turn over, as i have one that sometimes you turn the key and the starter just  moves as if the battery is dead the engine only moves round a tiny amount,found that a fuse had blown on the electronic and you had to use a meter to test the fuse.if i remember right fuse 16/17

Thanks for the suggestion, but there is no spark (checked fuses & relays) - the LED on the top of the dash reports a 1-6 which means the PATS cannot see/talk with the ECU.. ECU checked out ok with FORD..
IP Logged
mjnewham

24v Hungry & Thirsty

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 16th, 2005, 6:32pm »

Wish me luck...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=456280 1451&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Martin.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.