Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 7:10pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 2.3 Ultima breaking in Scottish Borders »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Parts For Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   2.3 Ultima breaking in Scottish Borders
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2.3 Ultima breaking in Scottish Borders  (Read 1353 times)
Sian_RK

Email

2.3 Ultima breaking in Scottish Borders
« on: Sep 12th, 2005, 6:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nono, not ours!

It's a 1997 Chrome-light model, estate, in Panther Black. Bonnet is new, we're having the rear bumper and possibly the interior as well as some other random parts.

Main things that are available are a 5,000 miles old reconditioned 2.3 litre engine, manual gearbox with recent clutch, doors and so forth (we might have the driver's door if it isn't rusty).

Going to see it at some point later in the week, but if you need an engine/gearbox or anything else, message me with an offer. I know how much he wants to get overall so I should be able to give you a rough idea of if the price is good. He wants enough that it isn't worth my while buying the whole car.

Assume everything is present except for the bumpers, as I want the back one and the front one isn't in good shape apparently.

Richard
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

Re: 2.3 Ultima breaking in Scottish Borders
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13th, 2005, 5:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Whats up with the car that its being broken?
I could do with the rear wiper arm, the load cover and the traction control switch from the centre console if available.
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

craig

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13th, 2005, 7:20pm »

could you please find out the cost of the resonator if it is still availiable as i would be more than intrested.....
IP Logged
Sian_RK

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16th, 2005, 2:05pm »

on Sep 13th, 2005, 5:47pm, Highlander wrote:
Whats up with the car that its being broken?
I could do with the rear wiper arm, the load cover and the traction control switch from the centre console if available.

Don't know what the faults are, but I'll see if these bits are available (and the resonator) - calling the bloke again later today.
IP Logged
pinxtonpete

I'm a YaBB newbie!

93558064 93558064   rammiie   msn+..+pinxtonpete@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 19th, 2005, 9:50am »

Hi Sian,
I'm looking for the inlet manifold (plastic version) if you have it i would be interested.
thanks
Pete
IP Logged

Cooking on gas ....
caspathescorp

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 19th, 2005, 11:24pm »

hi i am looking for the abs pump/mainafold part no 96gg-2m110-aa.
thanks
IP Logged
Sian_RK

Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 20th, 2005, 11:48am »

on Sep 19th, 2005, 9:50am, pinxtonpete wrote:
Hi Sian,
I'm looking for the inlet manifold (plastic version) if you have it i would be interested.
thanks
Pete

Inlet manifold - got two, unless someone takes the engine & box. I think he's looking for £750 for the reconditioned engine (done 5,000 miles), recon box, and new clutch and hydraulics, but that's open to offers.

Don't know how much for the manifold - they're £200 new IIRC. Cracked thermostat housing?
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 20th, 2005, 7:20pm »

any chance of PM'ing me the blokes telephone number as i know of someone who is very interested in the engine......

craig
IP Logged
pinxtonpete

I'm a YaBB newbie!

93558064 93558064   rammiie   msn+..+pinxtonpete@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:25pm »

hi Sian, any news on the manifold? also looking for the 5th door too, what condition is it?
thanks
Pete
IP Logged

Cooking on gas ....
Sian_RK

Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 23rd, 2005, 9:53pm »

on Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:25pm, pinxtonpete wrote:
hi Sian, any news on the manifold? also looking for the 5th door too, what condition is it?
thanks
Pete

Seeing the car tomorrow, but basically the bloke wants to know what people are offering (I've emailed one person with what the bloke wants for the engine, with no response - so I'm guessing the price is too high (£750ono - 5,000 mile recon unit with new clutch and recon manual 'box).

How much would you offer for the manifold, assuming it's free of cracks?

Tailgate should be fine; I'd be guessing £50 or so. Whereabouts are you as shipping is going to make a major dent in the potential value of these sorts of things Wink

I will put the bloke's contact details here once I have cleared it with him. Pictures of parts are going online after I've seen the car tomorrow.
IP Logged
Sian_RK

Email

« Reply #10 on: Sep 24th, 2005, 7:51pm »

Right, had a look at the car.

First, it's not an Ultima, it's a Ghia. So no memory seats, no heating for the seats (sorry - no switches). Bodywork isn't bad, usual small areas of rust on the doors.

Panther black.

Reconditioned engine has done 10,000 miles. Sounds good, no leaks, no smoke. Gearbox was new (1650 Euros, the original broke in France) in 2003 and has been used for about 8 months (car went off the road a year ago). New Clutch, new slave cylinder.

One rear shock is 'new', recent wishbone bushes, recent rack (might want that ourselves).

Interior looks good but seats aren't memory type - electric height adjustment.

Bargain of the day has to be the lights - he wants £100 for all the lights; headlights (one is new, chrome type), indicators, foglights (clearer type), tail-lights.

Tailgate is externally good but has light surface bubbling inside. £50 will get it.

Bonnet is 'new', full size chrome grille. £80.

Doors - driver's door isn't bad, passenger rear door stay has broken off the door.

Door trims are good.

Wheels are steel with trims.

Radiator showed no ballooning or leaks.

Cat was replaced in 2001.

New head (still has Ford sticker) and manifold - £200 for the set. Head has cams, lifters etc.

Engine (with ancilliaries), clutch, gearbox - £750

Has a towbar bracket but no evidence of electrics and the ball has been taken for something else.

New brakes recently.

We got the rear bumper and roof cross bars as needed, but the fact that it isn't an Ultima meant a lof the trim we wanted wasn't there. The load area cover is broken. No sunroof.

Our ventilation fan has stopped responding; wondering if the resistor pack is the same for non climatronic cars...

Oh, and there's some sort of new door module thing, looks as big as an ECU! He wants £65 for it I think.

Richard
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Sep 25th, 2005, 9:30am »

hi richard

how much is he looking for the rear shockers?
IP Logged
stafford

Ultima lover!!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Sep 25th, 2005, 10:44pm »

hi has he got a rear door motor for muy electric windows..97 ultima..thanks
IP Logged

Sian_RK

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 7:32pm »

Argh! Too much to be doing the inbetween bit for, especially since I'm not going to benefit from it particularly - I wasn't able to get hold of him for a couple of days.

Call 07908 228501, at reasonable times, and chat to his mechanic about the parts; I got a price of £50 for the tailgate, £200 for the new cylinder head and inlet manifold, £750 for the recon engine (with ancilliaries unless other people get there first) and new gearbox etc.

I've had a lot on, so sorry I haven't had a chance to update more - this will be quicker I think.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.