Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:33am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« VNR USER MANUAL »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Parts For Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   VNR USER MANUAL
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: VNR USER MANUAL  (Read 5962 times)
craig

Email

VNR USER MANUAL
« on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 3:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

if you look at this auction   HERE  you will notice that the disc and the manual dont go together,(thanks to baz for this  Wink),anyway,emailed the seller,great bloke called martin and if anyone in interested in just the user manual (to all those who bought from germany  Wink),just drop an email to him,and he can do just the user manual for a fiver including postage..........
IP Logged
invernessguy

2.3 ultima taxi

inverness342000   phatbru
View Profile Email

Re: VNR USER MANUAL
« Reply #1 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 4:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

craig.... there are 2 models of vnr 9000.... thats the touch screen one, which i have NEVER seen, either on ebay, or elsewhere... Thats the model that takes a dvd. ALL of the 9000's i have seen are cd based ones, and are not touch screen.
Just in case anyone buys the wrong user manual, as both modles of vnr use the 9000 name!
If you (or anyone else on here) is planning buying it, i thought it was only fair to let you know the differences!
ok, thats my tuppence worth,  
donnie
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 6:00pm »

donnie....

the user maual is of the model pictured   HERE  dont know if this is the same model as you have,but the one i am after is this one...ordered 1 off of the guy,and it came today

HTH

this could be the touch screen one for sale   HERE
IP Logged
invernessguy

2.3 ultima taxi

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 2:47pm »

hi craig,  

the vnr 9000 you pictured, is the same as mine, and runs on cd, not dvd.... as far as i know there is no dvd version for it.

The vw unit thats on ebay, is a double din, and although it could be made to fit.... is not going to slot straight into the hole in your dash.

have you bought a sat nav unit yet, or just collecting the accessories? I have a spare cd for the 9000, and could get you a manual for you in pdf format, if you require it.  

I know a guy who has one of the vw sat nav units  that you show in his skoda superb, but i dont know how he is getting on with it, or how comprehensive it is... i have seen quite a few on ebay though, especially germany.

hth, and doesnt confuse the matter further!

donnie
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 6:02pm »

See Donnie, it can be done...but it isn't too straight forward and it is wired exactly the same as my travelpilot which means new loom to the CD changer etc.

The VNR is the easier option but the software is too far out of date. The DX software that these galaxy units run on are already up to 2005/2006 version!

I had the VNR and didn't personally like it that much although it is an easier setup to install. I just can't understand the software situation. It is almost as though they aint going to bother releasing any new versions I mean the UK disk doesn't even hav TMC on it yet!
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 7:15pm »

donnie...

yes i got a user manual for a fiver,and i was a little bit confident of winning a vnr on ebay germany,unfortunately a little too confident,and didn't win.. Angry Angry Cry Cry Cry

baz....
regarding the software,i have contacted navteq regarding the software,and they are waiting for ford to finalise the fine print,and are very hopefull of releasing the newer updated version late this year,or very early next...... Smiley

hopefuly by which time i would of managed to get 1 for a "sensible" price.. Wink Wink
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 10:07pm »

Craig,

that is all very well regarding the software but every 3 years is a little too far apart in comparison to the Blaupunkt models. The previous version I think was either late 2000 or early 2001 so I would be wary of the ability of the software to be up to date. I know the trouble I used to have running my travelpilot on the 2003 disk because the M6 Toll motorway wasn't on it so if i used it, it said I was off road, "turn right after 200 yards...." (cos the m6 toll follows part of the old route used by the A5 apparently!

Baz
IP Logged
invernessguy

2.3 ultima taxi

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 3:08am »

RIGHT.....  Baz, you have made my mind up.... I want one of these blaupunkt ones, and Craig, if your interested... mine will be for sale when i get one!

How difficult is the installation baz? it looks ok in the pics, but they are a bit dark, is it neat?, and does it look like it should be there? What about the wiring? will the steering controls still work? do you know the colour codes, so i could copy it?

its 3.20am, and i wont sleep now for thinking about it!
cheers guys,
donnie
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 7:22am »

too late now donnie..

just finalised the small print on  THIS ONE  managed to get a deal with the seller,i too thought about the travel pilot,but the wiring was an issue,as well as the boot changer was not compatable and (albeit a small thing) the sterring wheel controls dont operate the travelpilot,navteq have assured me about the updated software as i have previously posted so last this/early next year should all be up to date...........

and back to the travelpilot,i know some dont like the coloured display on the VNR,but personally i prefer that to the travelpilot,although did have a look at baz's at weston and it looked good,but theres just something about the VNR that i have taken to and prefer for some reason............

anyway,got one in the end and i am now confident that my scorpio is finished and complete (well as far as amanda's concerned anyway Wink)........
IP Logged
Daven

I'm a cheeky Boy! (Simmos fan club)

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 8:00am »

on Oct 6th, 2005, 7:22am, craig wrote:
anyway,got one in the end and i am now confident that my scorpio is finished and complete (well as far as amanda's concerned anyway Wink)........

Grin Grin
IP Logged
invernessguy

2.3 ultima taxi

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 10:44am »

nice one craig, glad you got sorted!  Smiley

thats a good set up with the cheanger, aerial, and navdisk....  

should slot striaght in, any probs send me a message mate,

donnie
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 2:03pm »

thats exactly what i thought donnie,little expensive (shhhhhh.. Wink),but it does have everything with it,and all the boxes and paperwork as well........
hopefully will not have any "issues",but be prepared for the odd message..... Smiley
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 6:34pm »

Thats the same CD changer that I have!!
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 7:22pm »

well,if anyone is interested,the original user manual i bought for a fiver including postage,does anyone want that ?......
also,as the changer is of no use to me,if anyone on here is interested just let me know,or it will end up going on ebay as i have just managed to replace my faulty one (typical),dont know if the changer does have the boot mountings though,as in the original set up in the mondeo,the changer fits under the passenger seat i believe....
IP Logged
granorpio

1998 Silver Facelift Cosworth

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 7:35pm »

on Oct 6th, 2005, 7:22am, craig wrote:
too late now donnie..

just finalised the small print  
managed to get a deal with the seller

Congrat's Craig, finally  Wink

Thanks for the tip on the vnr manual as well, managed to gain access to a computer (still haven't got mine back after 2 months with the retailer) and emailed him about one. Still waiting for a reply though.

Good news about the latest edition from Navtech, but I would have to agree with Baz over the availability of updates.  Mine doesn't even realise that the M60 has been built yet  Shocked Still the colour screen / remote and ease of installation is great.  

You will find a TMC button on which you may wish to get to work, I'm still working on *THIS* problem and still think it requires 2 aerials (haven't tried yet) and don't know yet what it says in the manual regarding this? but plan to remove the radio again shortly and try, that is when I get around to installing the handsfree kit into it, so will let you know if interested, as when I can get use of a computer of course Cry

Mike
IP Logged

- Mike -

So nearly said "goodbye" but now Scorpio will see another day, alongside the replacement! eek!
bertie

Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 7:55pm »

I considered these travel pilots but eventually settled for a Navman as I need to transfer the unit between my other cars.....

the 1 I got was from the duty free at dixons (newcastle airport) Navman ICN610..

iCN 610 key features:  

Portable & easy to use straight out of the box  
 Voice-guided door-to-door navigation  
3.5’’ high definition colour screen  
Rapid address and postcode search

it frees up the cd player as all data is contained on an expandable SD card. Each month I upload updates via my home pc from navman and it also includes the gatso/speed camers database, so it shows all sites, again updatable.

and the added bonus is the GPS speedo display...see how fast you really are going...not what the speedo says....

http://www.navman.co.uk/

simon
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 9:14pm »

Mike,

the TMC has nothing to do with how many arials you have. TMC is accessed by the unit (if it is TMC compatible) VNR and Travelpilot both are, but it has to work in conjunction with the disk as well. The disk has to have the TMC codes embedded so that the unit can understand the information it is recieving via the travel reports (available in the UK on Classic FM)

The Current navtech disks for the UK don't have this information encoded on them so the TMC will only work in europe if you have the TMC enabled disk. The letters TMC can clearly be seen in white block letters on all navtech VNR software for everywhere except the UK because the TMC only became widely available here in 2003. When I had my VNR I got it from a guy in Germany and it came with TMC enabled German disks (two of) and a copied GB one without TMC.

I expect that when the next VNR GB disk comes out (very expensive too!!) It will have the codes

Baz
IP Logged
granorpio

1998 Silver Facelift Cosworth

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 9:28pm »

Thanks Baz   Smiley  
I'd better start saving the pennies.

I wonder then as to the purpose of the second aerial port ??  

Anyway I still won't get off taking the unit out, it's got to come out to fit the handsfree kit for the phone.

Cheers  
Mike
IP Logged

- Mike -

So nearly said "goodbye" but now Scorpio will see another day, alongside the replacement! eek!
craig

Email

« Reply #18 on: Oct 7th, 2005, 8:22am »

just checked in the manual,and it looks like baz is right again.......

mike,i have sent you a copy of the e-mail i had from navteq,just got to wait for permission from ford i guess now........
if you dont get a reply back about the user manual,let me know as i now have 2 ....
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Oct 7th, 2005, 9:35am »

I get it from this book Craig......

LOL
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.