Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 2nd, 2024, 12:12am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« NEW electric sunroof. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Parts For Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   NEW electric sunroof.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: NEW electric sunroof.  (Read 1092 times)
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

NEW electric sunroof.
« on: Feb 5th, 2010, 9:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I called in today to see the man in Kings Lynn who sells the radiators on ebay,a real Aladdin's cave it is too Cool
He has racks up to the warehouse ceiling crammed with mainly Ford bits,many of which he can't identify.If anyone really loves their Scorp,he has a new sunroof in a big box complete with motor for £250,it's complete with frame and runners etc,best check the number with him first although I seem to remember they were common to the Granada 3.He also has six saloon rear shockers that resemble the estate version with big rubber gaiter,but are saloon length and have saloon lower bushes,he says according to the listings they are self levelling,number 1069043.I have never seen any of these before,all my funeral cars have pneumatic self levelling.
Graham Moore 01553 777850,a real West Norfolk boy  Wink
      GOZZ.
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Re: NEW electric sunroof.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 6th, 2010, 2:24am »

Self levellers for the saloon  Shocked....I've heard of them, but I thought it was just fairy tales  Grin

I wonder how much he's gonna be knocking them out for ?
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 6th, 2010, 9:47am »

JC.
He offered to let me take em away to size up,saying I looked an honest bloke  Shocked I declined his offer saying I would do some more checking first,but didn't ask him for a price,they are a really sturdy heavy lump.The V99G 18K077 AA number is unusual,he said he thought they were special equipment for the Cossie,though he wasn't too sure,thinking the V prefix meant special edition.You should give him a bell,as an Essex lad you should be able to understand his speach  Roll Eyes,not too far removed from north Essex/Suffolk lingo.I'll go and bother FMD when time permits,if I can get in unseen,they usually hide when they see"Doctor Death" approaching,they don't like my awkward questions about an obsolete model,or my insisting that the parts are there if they bother to look !
          GOZZ.
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 22nd, 2010, 8:36pm »

Further to the self levelling saloon rear shockers,FMD says that number is not listed,but a V prefix usually denotes something fitted to a SVO,which is special vehicle order,as in when one specifies equipment not normally fitted as I have had in Transit vans,but he says he can't remember anything like that pertaining to the Scorpio,so we're still no further forward  Huh
        GOZZ.
IP Logged
mondeoman

2.9 24V Cosworth Ultima + 2.3 16V Facelift Ultima

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 23rd, 2010, 5:05pm »

Gozz,

Do you have the contact details for the gut with the sunroof as I'm looking to replace mine in due course as it leaks slightly? Will he deliver items around the country as I'm in the North East?

Cheers,

Mondeoman
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 23rd, 2010, 5:10pm »

His phone number is on Gozz's first post. Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
tlundkvi

Ex. Scorpio 2.9 24V -95

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 23rd, 2010, 8:03pm »

on Feb 6th, 2010, 2:24am, Jonnycab wrote:
Self levellers for the saloon  Shocked....I've heard of them, but I thought it was just fairy tales  Grin

I wonder how much he's gonna be knocking them out for ?

I have them - factory installed - but the pneumatic ones of course. I even managed to buy a replacement set from a member.
IP Logged
tlundkvi

Ex. Scorpio 2.9 24V -95

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23rd, 2010, 8:20pm »

on Feb 6th, 2010, 9:47am, gozz wrote:
The V99G 18K077 AA number is unusual

The 18K077 part suggests it's pneumatic, eg. mine have 85GB-18K077-AC (saloon shocks are the same on mk3 and scorpio). I have seen weird prefixes like F55B on some parts. Perhaps USA-Ford?

Is there a picture of the seller's shocks somewhere?
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 24th, 2010, 12:30am »

I think the 18K077 pertains to the fact that it is a rear shock absorber for a certain range of vehicles,the units the Kings Lynn man has are definitely hydraulic,and resemble the estate Nivomat self levellers in every respect,excepting the greater length and smaller bottom bush to take a bolt the same as the top bush.There is little doubt that they are saloon units,and there is a more than fair chance that they are self levelling.
MONDEOMAN.
    He is a mail order man and could send anything anywhere.
            GOZZ.
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Feb 24th, 2010, 1:20am »

I'm wondering if these hydraulic saloon self levellers were possibly specially made for traffic police spec Scorpios. They do tend to carry a fair bit of kit about with them in the boot  Wink

I remember that Brentwood traffic police used to own a couple of Cossie saloons back in 97/98 & they never looked as low at the back as a standard Scorp saloon does when the boot is loaded  Smiley

It's a thought  Wink
IP Logged
pedropedro

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Feb 27th, 2010, 11:27am »

The sunroof rusts around the frame for the glass. i think its assumed and i read somewhere that the sunroof isnt available any longer,,,,but in fact you can still buy that section and also the main frame to order from fordparts uk ...not cheap approx £250 and £350 each...just for info  
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.