Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 12:20pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Remote key fob/smoked Lexan draught excluders »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Parts For Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Remote key fob/smoked Lexan draught excluders
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Remote key fob/smoked Lexan draught excluders  (Read 2267 times)
HappyEgg59

Email

Remote key fob/smoked Lexan draught excluders
« on: Jun 2nd, 2011, 8:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

One remote key fob from 96' Scorpio; also one pair of smoked Lexan draught excluders for front windows. Will fit Granada Scorpio & latter Scorpio models.
Sensible offers for both items please..

I'll take £45 for everything; otherwise £15 for the fob, & £35 for the d.e.'s.
IP Logged
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

Re: Remote key fob/smoked Lexan draught excluders
« Reply #1 on: Jun 2nd, 2011, 9:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Better to let us know what you are looking for them? individual or both together.
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 2nd, 2011, 9:54pm »

Yep, my sensible offers always seem way too low Smiley
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

lesterlad aka Rodders

2.3 Ghia x Estate (Manual)

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 3rd, 2011, 8:15am »

Lexan draught excluders ?  Huh

Never heard of that brand, thought it was just Climair that made them.

I have a full set (front & rear) of the Climair brand which weren't cheap.
IP Logged

There's are methods to my madness!!! I'm not sure what the methods are but there's definitely madness in them
HappyEgg59

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 3rd, 2011, 8:30am »

Lexan' is a type of perspex, I used that as a generic name;.
The only thing on them is the Ford oval, with the letters' 'PMMA' beneath..
IP Logged
HappyEgg59

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 1:29am »

Don't know what people want on here..
I ask for 'sensible offers' & I'm told to give a price; I provide a price, then there is no interest!
This is exactly why I've just scrapped a good running & completely working example of a 1996 2.3 Ultima for £200.
It's been the same with every club & forum I've ever frequented; If you're 'giving it away for nowt' there's a mile-long queue.
I'll sell the bits I have left elsewhere..
IP Logged
Scorpio

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 2:09am »

Not a Happy Egg  Grin
IP Logged

HappyEgg59

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 2:54am »

Just feel this forum is another typical bunch of cliquey time-wasters..
IP Logged
Scorpio

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 3:47am »

Just did a quick search on ebay for you. Some new deflectors here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-SCORPIO-4-5-doors-85-98-wind-deflectors-2pc-s et-/190372675195?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c53187e7b yours maybe better quality though. As for the remote i believe that is well priced. As with most forums as you well know there are some time wasters. However, this forum has existed for many years and seen good and bad members leave. I can personally vouch for many members here whom are 100% genuine and honest. Hope you able to sell your items for a reasonable price. As a side note to sell items on this forum is free of charge. I wish ebay would offer this option. Enjoy your stay here. Adam
IP Logged

HappyEgg59

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 4:47am »

Thanks Adam.
Yours are the first positive words I've read re: my postings on here.
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 8:26am »

on Jun 5th, 2011, 2:54am, HappyEgg59 wrote:
Just feel this forum is another typical bunch of cliquey time-wasters..

I personally take objection to that, especially from someone who has joined the forum with the sole purpose to sell cars and items, without so much as an introduction or even a hello!

I don't think the term cliquey can really apply when you yourself are actually a member Grin

In what way do you feel people on here are timewasters? has someone offered you money and not followed it up?

There have been parts sold on this forum for large amounts of money where the demand is there.

I would suggest that asking £15 for a remote (which regularly change hands between forum members for free)

and asking £35 for a SECOND HAND set of wind deflectors (which can be bought on ebay BRAND NEW for well under £30)

Would suggest that rather than the forum being full of timewasters, your perception of market prices and values is incorrect.

Many of us on here have lovely comfortable Scorpios we are proud of, most of which would probably struggle to sell for £500 (whatever value we think they have)

Price is not the issue, its demand, personally I wouldn't be interested in them even if you had offered them for free, I have plenty of remotes,  I'm not particularly keen on the wind deflectors and I suspect many members may well be in the same boat (or Clique)

I WOULD have bought your car for £200 had I not been in Scotland and the car in Liverpool.

Also please bear in mind that although the forum has nearly 5000 registered members i would suspect we only have maybe around 100 or so who are active with the vast majority having sold or scrapped their Scorpio and no longer visiting, or at least no longer looking for parts.. so you are not reaching a large audience on here.

ebay is a good indicator of values, stick them on there , I would be interested to see how your parts fare, I suspect your remote could well achieve more than £15

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-SCORPIO-4-5-doors-85-98-wind-deflectors-2pc-s et-/190372675195?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c53187e7b

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-SCORPIO-4D-5D-1985-1998-WIND-DEFLECTORS-D1521 2-/230552525167?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35ae00596f

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wind-Deflectors-FORD-SCORPIO-4-5d-year-85-98-/4001 87827755?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d2d0da62b
IP Logged

gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 11:41am »

Couldn't have put it better myself,correct in every respect,but you do realise Highlander that this forum,as well as having 'cliquey timewasters' will also be the one with the aggressive Jock making for an even unhappier egg. Grin Grin
             GOZZ.
IP Logged
Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 1:17pm »

I agree with you Highlander I am on here because I have just bought a scorpio and it needs a lot of work doing to it as I want to get it upto a showroom condition. I can find parts on here and all the information I need to get it upto the condition I want. If Egg's car was for sale on here I would have considered buying it.

I have 2 key fobs that work and don't like the wind deflectors so see no reason to want to buy any.

Everyone on this forum has been very kind and helpful to me and others here and I take exception to the derisory remarks Egg has made. It reminds me of a child throwing a tantrum because it can't have it's own way.

You can't expect people to want to buy things they don't want or can get elsewhere at a cheaper price.

This forum rocks and long may it do so and all the good people on it.

Andy
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 2:21pm »

Aww.... could ya not just buy them cos you feel sorry for him?  Wink

Grow up Egg man, please!

As Highlander said, a lot of people aren't even running Scorpio's any more.

Many are already OK for remotes, and many don't like the wind deflectors.
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
HappyEgg59

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 2:28pm »

Amazing; you're all happy to comment now!
The car that was crushed was in very good condition mechanically, & had over £2500 spent on it during my 3 year ownership. A full description was listed on here, inc' all factory options that were fitted. I have numerous spares that would have been included with the sale as 'freebies' also, for the price of £200. NO INTEREST WAS SHOWN ON HERE despite 101 views. This forum is not unusual in this way, as with previous 'club' & forum memberships I've frequented, if you dare to suggest you'd like a bit of cash for your goods, they don't wanna know, but give it away, & they're phoning at all hours.

I requested sensible offers, but was told to give an example of price, having no idea of the value, I guessed a price, but would have taken an offer of much less if suggested..

The attitude of the above objectors to my postings is typical of the 'bully-boy' mindset found in these user groups; That's why they have such a great turnover of users; apart from 'the chosen few clique'.
I'll dump the rest of the parts..
IP Logged
Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 2:44pm »

You seem to be one of the people you are complaining about as you say  
Because I didn't post every time I visited did that make me any less of a member?

yet you are complaining that 101 people looked at your scorpio for sale but didn't post.

We look because we are curious or maybe interested but decide it is not for us.

I may have looked and would have probably contacted you to buy it if I hadn't put a bid  on one on ebay.
I look at other posts about car problems as it helps me learn about what to do if my car develops the same fault but I see no point in replying if I have nothing to say.
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 3:30pm »

I'm sorry you feel that way Paul and in no way do I consider myself a bully or indeed understand why you have taken my comments in that way,  

I was only trying to explain the reason behind why no one has taken up the offer of your parts and your car, which seems to have annoyed you significantly, we cannot force people to buy things they don't see as a good deal.

I based my comments on your very first post on the forum in which you were trying to sell your car without an introduction or even a quick hello.

"My scruffy, but reliable Ultima has to go. The costs of obtaining a further MOT increases as each year passes, so I've decided to finally give-in & obtain a Motability car."

Leewar and myself ASKED to provide a price, you were not TOLD to give one.

Unfortunately Scorpios, especially "scruffy" ones with little or no MOT are worth little more than scrap value now, despite what has been spent on it in the past.

If you look in the Cars for Sale section you will see an ebay seller trying to recoup costs on his Scorpio which is for sale with an opening bid of £2,500, he has spent a great deal of money on it but I suspect the car will never  come close to reaching that sort of money.

I have just picked up a nice 2 litre Ultima saloon with three months MOT still on it in near perfect condition for £100 (about half its scrap value) as the seller had no-one interested in it whatsoever, despite having it advertised for 6 months. I was the first and only person to call him.

ebay is your best bet for selling your parts, stick them on there

IP Logged

leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 9:55pm »

Happyegg59, As I have found out on this site, not everyone is available all the time. Most members have found that patience is the name of the game. You have to give members time to respond, we are all not on here all of the time.  
Don't know about the deflectors, but I missed out on a working keyfob for 5.00 on ebay + 2.00 postage!!
We probably all have keyfobs and because of this site, now know how to repair them and to programme them. A second one would be for a "just in case' situation. This is a great site as I have learnt, great members( no jokes please!!) with extensive knowledge about a car without whom I would not have mine running and on the road and for little cost.
Give them a chance with a little patience on your side to boot!!   Lee
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 10:09pm »

I think Mr Happy Egg has removed his account and stormed off into the sunset... Undecided
IP Logged

Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Jun 5th, 2011, 10:15pm »

I think he became a stinky egg lol.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.