Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 9:11pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Door wiring looms, »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Parts For Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Door wiring looms,
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Door wiring looms,  (Read 902 times)
ro284

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

Door wiring looms,
« on: Jan 20th, 2013, 10:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

These are the looms which were not included on some of the later models! but for which the holes were cut in the doors for puddle lights, door open lights, All four sets, New, with plugs lights fittings etc, still in the bags from Ford never used. have seen 1 set on ebay for 39 + vat +post,! rediculous! i bought them with a 24v car,
Any interest or offers let me know,
Bob
IP Logged

Bob Dorset
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

Re: Door wiring looms,
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20th, 2013, 12:29pm »

Bob.   Not trying to put anyone off, just trying to save a bit of heart-ache.   I have a late Scorpio, and an early one with the puddle-lights and red warning lights in all four doors.   It was my intention to fit all the lights to the later car, but on my late car there is no provision for the white puddle lights, not even a removable plate.   I would have had to cut a square hole in my doors, something I wasn't prepared to do.   Of course the reflector on the later cars comes out and the red warning light will fit in it's place.

Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
a900one

A scorpio is for life not just for christmas

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 20th, 2013, 2:48pm »

I looked into fitting them to my 98 cossie sometime ago, and as PJ says, there is no holes in my door either.
IP Logged
ro284

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20th, 2013, 2:49pm »

Thanks Peter, It is a bit confusing, my 2-3 was a base model, not an ultima, no sun roof. but it had blanking plates in all the doors, sealing off where the lights would have been fitted! that was a 98 facelift 2-3!just wait to see if anyone wants them! Bob
IP Logged

Bob Dorset
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 20th, 2013, 4:04pm »

Bob

These cars are very strange.   My 2.3 was registered 1st August 1998.   It was built July 1997 and is a pre-facelift one previous owner car.   It was purchased with a brother the next number down in the same colour for a pair of company directors one year before they both retired, they both then got a car each as part of a leaving gift, I have the receipt for both the cars, they were purchased new for £19,800 each, at a time when the cars were new at around £25k.   They'd both sat in Heartlands Ford Dealer in Brum for a year before getting registered.   I've also seen a Facelift Cossie with the puddle-lights fitted in the nice lighter-blue colour, the fella that owns it has had it since it was a year old, paid £19k for it and swears it came with the puddle-lights fitted!   An Enigma for sure.
Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
a900one

A scorpio is for life not just for christmas

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22nd, 2013, 10:16am »

I think Ford were running out of bits when the last ones came off the line, so you got what was in the bins. My front brakes are the big discs but I have mondeo pads that dont cover the whole disc, leaves a ring on the centre of the disc because of the small caliper.
IP Logged
tiff

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 27th, 2013, 5:31am »

Ford were well in to finding parts and mix and matching on these cars by 1997......what has been mentioned kinda figures too
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.