Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 8:22pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 2.5 TD 98 Auto Trans problem Ugent help wanted »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Parts Wanted
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   2.5 TD 98 Auto Trans problem Ugent help wanted
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2.5 TD 98 Auto Trans problem Ugent help wanted  (Read 946 times)
mikedamitch

View Profile

2.5 TD 98 Auto Trans problem Ugent help wanted
« on: Mar 19th, 2005, 10:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi  

I hope someone can help me. I have a 2.5 TD Auto and bumped it last week. I have broken one of the Auto trans oil cooling rads. It is a small square one that sits under the front bumper infront of the N/S front wheel, not the long one under the front rad.  

Just wondering if this is unique to the TD and if by some chance anyone has one. I have tried all the breakers on the site plus madscorpionman with no luck.

I need to get the car back on the road asap for work. If I cant get one here I will bite the bullet and buy one from Ford for an arm and a leg.

Hope someone out their can help.

Thanks

Mike
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: 2.5 TD 98 Auto Trans problem Ugent help wanted
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19th, 2005, 3:04pm »

I think the transmission oil cooler is the same on all the auto models... If you do have to buy a brand new one try fordpartsuk.com  they have alink from the dealers page excellent service and mention the site if you order.....

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/

IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
mikedamitch

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19th, 2005, 5:29pm »

Hi Snoopy

I had hoped so but apparently I have an extra oil cooling rad on mine that does not come on petrol engines or so I have been informed, so that is why I am checking. I don't have the car at the moment or would post a picture, but having looked at the pictures on the site for changing the auto trans oil my pipes are different. I still have the small oblong rad runnimg under the main rad but this is connected to another rad that the metal pressure pipes run out of, they are obscured from a top view of the engine and can only be seen under the car. So I think this is only on the TD.

If I am wrong then please let me know.

Thanks

Mike
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19th, 2005, 6:46pm »

Can't help on that one need to speak to one of the TDi guys I am sure there will be one around soon....

But the one under the front rad is afar as I know the same on all models... There is an additional cooler which can be fited under the car for vehicle that do a lot of towing and the finis for that is 6179247 nd there is a TSB that refers to the fitting of it which is 66/94 which is listed at about £140 +VAT

IS think this is the one you refer to.?..
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
mikedamitch

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 20th, 2005, 8:27pm »

Hi Snoopy
Yes I think it must be. I am not sure why my 98 has it fitted as it has never had a tow bar fitted.  

The Ford price is now £168.00 + Vat.

I am going to try one of the companies from the fedauto site andsee if they have one.

Thanks for your help

Mike
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.