Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 1:25pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« tow bar. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Parts Wanted
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   tow bar.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: tow bar.  (Read 283 times)
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

tow bar.
« on: Apr 1st, 2007, 7:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

tow bar for dec98 cosworth saloon (not witter F59 as it won,t fit )dont need any electrics or ball hitch just the bar please.
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: tow bar.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 9:36pm »

Neil,

You will need a type approved bar (because your car is registered after 1st August 1998 like mine) and as far as I know, the only one available for the Scorpio is a Brinks one. (I fitted one to mine yersterday so I can go and get the corsair from the isle of man!) It has the removable hitch and is not visable when the towbar is not in. Provides good protection as well in case of a rear shunt seeing as it is a whacking great peice of steel box section!

It is a nightmare of a job which involves removing the back exhaust box and fuel tank (drop it a bit works though!)

Took me 4 and a half hours with full garage facilities at mny mates garage (I owe him a favour now!) so not one to try and do at home really

Have a look at this manual...

http://www.brinkweb.com/download_manual.php?id=295
IP Logged
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 10:29pm »

baz, i,ve got full garage fasc,but i didn,t fancy the removal of the fuel tank and rear exhaust . would any one be any the wiser if i didn,t fit a type approval one? i quite like the idea of the removable hitch bit as my better half was always banging her shins when loading the shopping into my granada,(what price are they baz?)
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 10:35pm »

Type approval is a must I'm afraid. Any bumps or scrapes involving a trailer and they will hammer you if it isn't. The job can be done without taking the tank off and the backbox moves enough to drill the chassis without taking that off completely.

As for cost, I was lucky enough to get this one off a guy on EBay and I think it cost about 30 or 40 quid. I also was lucky enough to get Big Lee from unleashed to drop it off for me too.... (thanks Lee) that was a while ago and it sat in my shed for a few months.

Actual cost of a new bar runs into the hundreds (maybe as much as 400 quid) so might be wise to keep an eye on ebay.  

I will post a few pics when I get chance

baz
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.