Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 2:19am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Power Steering Hose »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Parts Wanted
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Power Steering Hose
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Power Steering Hose  (Read 359 times)
yakker

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Power Steering Hose
« on: Oct 10th, 2007, 11:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone,  

Does any have a cheap power steering hose they want to sell, I have a 95 M reg Scorpio Estate 2.0L auto, mine has been damaged where it goes from the pump to the power steering rack, had my tyres replaced at the weekend and it looks like they jacked it up by the cross bar at the front and some how it has crushed the hose and split it, has any one else had this happen ? seems to be such a small tear it only sprays out fluid when turning right and then it is nearly in a mist form, been trying to get in contact with them to sort it but they are 30 miles away from me and just ignoring all contact so going to have to try and sort it myself to get the car back on the road, any help much appreciated

Thanks

Matt  
IP Logged
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

Re: Power Steering Hose
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 4:21pm »

You should inform them of the problem in writing and invite them to sort it out, if you hear nothing from them then it would be advisable to seek advice through the trading standards people which can be found on the web through google.
the only problem I see is that if they deny liability it would be up to you to proove they were to blame, and there is where your problem continues.

If they are a decent company then it would be in their own interest to sort it for you....

Hope that helps and the very best of luck with it.  There is too much shoddy workmanship in the motor industry, it is outfits like that who bring the whole industry into disrepute... and it is so annoying when they get away with it. Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Undecided

hth Pete

IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
yakker

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 16th, 2007, 1:46pm »

Hi m8,

Thanks for the advice finally got hold of them and they had a look say it is not their fault jacked the car up and the bar that seems to have crushed the hose does not move part of the subframe, not to up with it on cars, can see their point just a with it happening at the same time as a new tyre and the hose has been crushed dont know how the hell it happened otherwise, still need a hos eif anyone has one

thanks

Matt
IP Logged
Jaye_Martin

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25th, 2007, 2:52pm »

hello if you like give me the address and i'll pop down there and break somebodies nose for you in fair exchange for an 1998 alternator for a 2.5td automatic if you have one.
IP Logged
Jaye_Martin

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 25th, 2007, 2:53pm »

second thought.give me their address and ill get them to check my motor over and blame them for cracking my alternator housing  and we'll all have a claim up  xx
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.