Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 12:22am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« i need a loom for a 24v cosworth »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Parts Wanted
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   i need a loom for a 24v cosworth
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: i need a loom for a 24v cosworth  (Read 626 times)
jj7701

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

i need a loom for a 24v cosworth
« on: Oct 12th, 2007, 6:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi peeps i need a loom for a 24v cosworth in good condition. its the loom that runs from the gearbox and between the v of the engine.  
cheers guys james
IP Logged
Danny

View Profile Email

Re: i need a loom for a 24v cosworth
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14th, 2007, 8:01pm »

If you willing to buy a new one, FPUK sell them £300.42 P/N: 1003231

HTH
IP Logged

ex 1996 24v Cosworth
Now - Mondeo ST TDCI (Sat Nav Built-in/Bluetooth/Voice Control/Xenons/DeCat/Bluefin Remap @ 190bhp)
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 14th, 2007, 9:09pm »

I know that FPUK are a very good company to deal with, but I wonder if it is about time some of these guys came into the real world... These looms are obsolete as are the majority of the parts that were used on the Scorpio, engine parts foir the Cosworth especially. Now I am sure they would sell a lot more of this stuff if they actually brought their prices down to les than you can buy a complete car for on Ebay or Autotrader.

Most people will write their cars off than pay £300.00 for a bit of wire; just like most would not entertain spending £600.00+ on the bits to sort out the timing chains etc.

They may well have spent a fair bit of money amassing all these bits, but the less of the cars on the road, the less chance they will have of getting rid of the stuff. Otherwise it will end up in the bargain basement of ebay in a couple of years time....

Fords themselves are the worst culprits for it. you really can buy a complete car for what they charge for half of the stuff

Just my thoughts!
IP Logged
Danny

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14th, 2007, 9:33pm »

Agree

I myself have just brought a second hand loom which I am repairing. And once I have changed over the loom and removed my old one, I will repair that one and sell it rather than bin it.
IP Logged

ex 1996 24v Cosworth
Now - Mondeo ST TDCI (Sat Nav Built-in/Bluetooth/Voice Control/Xenons/DeCat/Bluefin Remap @ 190bhp)
jj7701

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15th, 2007, 12:02am »

Agreehave to say i agree with everything baz says, i have given a lot of thought as to keep the car or not ive had it since august and not used it due to this problem, it all started with a leak in the water pipe that goes through the engine block the loom is rotten. I tried repairing it but its to far gone so i thought i would try and get a half tidy 2nd hand one. The car is in great condition it has been converted to lpg and was once owned buy steve the guy that started this site, so i really dont wanna break it but 300 quid for a cable is a bit steap. Undecided
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 15th, 2007, 7:25am »

Yep agreed BUT they are still selling them!  
You would be amazed by the number of people who will spend whatever it takes to get their car repaired and not even question it.

Indeed we have had a few members of the forum and the mailing list spending £2000 plus to get their cars back on the road, money which they will never see back on the sale of the car.

On the Classics scene there are still people coming across large amounts of new old stock from the 50's 60's and 70's which obviously someone has paid out for at some time but never been sold so i dont think we have much chance getting our 10 year old stock on the cheap  Undecided
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 15th, 2007, 7:15pm »

Stuart, there was a member on here last year or maybe the year before who had racked up bills of over £6,000.00!

I thought I was bad having stuff done to mine but at least I always try to find a cheap alternative!
IP Logged
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 15th, 2007, 8:56pm »

Been there before mate - recall my Mk2 Granny needed a repair costing £200 and the car was worth no more than £500 at the time - the alternative was scrapping the car for next to nothing or paying the repair cost...thought about it for a minute and decided I wasn't going to get another car of the same quality for £200. When you are dealing with a car worth little money you just have to put up with these odd, and seemingly disproportionately expensive repair costs. The alternative involves buying a newer car with collossal depreciation which makes a £300 repair look positively cheap.
Check out the Bangernomics website !
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
jj7701

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 18th, 2007, 8:46pm »

i realy dont think there are any secondhand ones about for less than 150 quid  Sad
IP Logged
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 18th, 2007, 10:44pm »

i picked up my cossie for £200, picked up a 12v for £300 and about to get a diesel for £250...

ford wanted over £600 for a head gasket set for the cosworth alone

over £1000 for rear driver shafts for a 2.3 estate,

you can buy a complete cossie engine off ebay for £150, not only will you have a loom to play with but a complete set of spares !
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.