Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 6:14pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Looking for a new home!!! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Looking for a new home!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Looking for a new home!!!  (Read 1979 times)
Danny_R

97 Ford Crown Vic 4.6L V8 ,88 Mercury GM 5.0L V8

View Profile

Looking for a new home!!!
« on: Sep 12th, 2006, 6:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,

It is with great regret that finally admit defeat and sell my Scorpio. It may come a shock to some people on here especially some of the oldies considering the Scorpio was and still is the car I always wanted to own since a kid. I have run out of options trying to get it to America and come to the conclusion that it's near impossible to make the vehicle meet the US DOT standards so she has to go.

She's a 95 (M) 2.0 16v Ultima Saloon Auto, Dark Aubergine, Black Raven leather interior, Parking Radar, usual Ultima specification. Absolutely everything worked before I came to the US. Since then the scorp has graced the driveway of my grandmothers house since late 2004. I've been informed the exhaust is hanging just behind the muffler and the car wont start, I’m almost certain this is either due to a dirty battery terminal or the ignition fuse. The car ran PERFECTLY before I came here so I don’t think it will be anything major. Basically, I cant see me getting back to the UK any time soon and I don’t have anyone in Leeds mechanically minded that can sort the car out for me. It doesn’t have tax or MOT and WILL need to be towed from my grandmothers driveway. She is based in Armley, Leeds, West Yorkshire. I would LOVE this car to go to someone on here that would get her going again, it really is too good to scrap. I'm selling the car cheap, 150 pound and it's yours. Just make sure you have a means of towing it. V5 will be included, it's currently in my grandmothers name and is SORN to her address.  

Just to add, the CD exchanger is in the trunk and works perfectly. I also fitted a newer RDS7000 unit in there which will be included. Pictures will follow just as soon as my father takes some over the weekend.

If anyone’s interested PM me or email me at: crownvic71@yahoo.com.  

I need this car gone ASAP. If anyone has any questions about the car please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Danny_R
IP Logged
Danny_R

View Profile

Re: Looking for a new home!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 4:10pm »

Scorpio now in the graveyard in the sky, thanks to all that looked.

Danny_R
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:53am »

What did you do with it Danny? and has your dad still got his?

Baz
IP Logged
Danny_R

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 3rd, 2006, 1:38am »

Hey Baz,

Sold it to a guy for 100 pound, said he needed it for spares, it was parked on my grandmothers driveway for 22 months and she was getting annoyed about it so I needed a quick resolution which unfortunately meant my baby had to go and fast. shame really because it feels like part of my life has been taken away. She was a beauty! still, at least I can say I owned one.

The old man still has his. Apparently it's starting to suffer with rusty arches and faulty electrics again.

You take care of that sexy looking Scorpio of yours. Trust me you really dont appreciate something until it’s gone. I KNOW!!!

Kind Regards

Danny_R
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 3rd, 2006, 4:08pm »

I Know what you mean. Kelloggs stopped doing puffa puffa rice when I was younger and I do miss that cereal!

Say hello to your dad next time from me and tell him to get in touch.....

Baz
IP Logged
Danny_R

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Nov 4th, 2006, 9:20pm »

Bit before my time those Baz,

Yes i'll get the old man to give you a shout.

Danny_R
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.