Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 10:11am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 1996 2.3 Ultima auto saloon »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   1996 2.3 Ultima auto saloon
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 1996 2.3 Ultima auto saloon  (Read 6538 times)
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

1996 2.3 Ultima auto saloon
« on: Nov 30th, 2006, 10:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, I don't want to see it go but the driveway is starting to look like a car park and I can't afford to run 3 cars as much as I'd love to. If it doesn't go on here I'll be listing it on eBay in a week or two.

My 1996 Ultima, State blue with Raven velour, 104,000 miles. Bought by me in Sep 2004 @ 96,000 miles it's recently had new front hubs and discs, new pads all round. Also had a new Ford autobox last November at a cost of almost £1500, only done just over 3k since. No running issues at all except that it may need new front roll bar bushes in the near future and it could do with an oil change (may do this myself if I get the time).

Bodywork is well above average, the only visible sign of rust is in the usual place on the rear arches; it looks really good when polished, no dents or scrapes. Some stonechip marks and some marks in the lacquer on the bonnet. Interior is near mint, very clean, no marks in the walnut or tears in the fabric; it still has the original Scorpio woolen mats. I'll be taking some photos over the weekend.

Electrics are good, everything works and it always starts on the key, engine revs smooth and car drives superb overall. Taxed and MOT'd until next September, it also has the original handbooks, master/spare keys, most MOT's  and part main dealer service history (with original owner up until 2001 and after I bought it in 2004); I'm the 4th owner. 4 good matching tyres with about 6mm grip, 12 spoke wheels are in excellent condition also.

All in all a very nice car for the money, I have kept it as near to mint as I can, it only gets evening/weekend use. I'm looking to clear a good part of the money spent on the autobox.

Anything else you want to know please let me know. Car is located in Clacton-on-Sea in Essex, covered up off road at the moment, would be ok to view next week sometime.

Also, thanks to admin for hosting this section, if car sells through here I'll donate what I'd pay eBay.  

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

Re: 1996 2.3 Ultima auto saloon
« Reply #1 on: Dec 3rd, 2006, 4:27pm »

Some photos:

Just 3 to show the overall condition of the car, if there's no interest it goes on eBay later in the week Sad

Regards, Bruce Smiley

IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 3rd, 2006, 5:29pm »

Put a price on it  Grin
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 3rd, 2006, 5:31pm »

You first my good man Wink Grin
IP Logged

Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 4th, 2006, 8:39am »

NO Auctions PLEASE ( Ebay for that )  do it by PM if you need to ...  
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 4th, 2006, 11:58am »

I'm not looking to buy it, I just noticed that the cars for sale with no indication of price dont seem to sell as people seem reluctant to offend with an "offer"

Maybe a rough figure when posting the car for sale would help
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 4th, 2006, 1:26pm »

Aplologies Snoopy, I wasn't trying to start an auction, just unsure about the current market Wink

Dealer down the road from me has a '96 2.0 Ultima at the mo out front for £1750, not as good as mine cosmetically, I was thinking realistically around the £1200 mark.

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 9:31pm »

Nobody?

PM me an offer, the worst that can happen is I can say no Wink

If no joy over here it goes on eBay next week...

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 4th, 2007, 7:47pm »

Got the old girl out today and polished her up, lavished a nice thick coat of autoglym on those bulbous curves Wink

Also did the couple of digs on the bumpers over Christmas, bet you can't see any join where I've resprayed the face of the front bumper around the lamps and number plate Wink

I want to hang on to the Scorpio but I could really do with both the space and the money, I'm going to list it on eBay with a reserve soon, if the reserve doesn't get met then I may well go down the SORN route until the summer.

A new set of pics I took today, if this causes a bandwidth problem then admin please hit me and I'll remove them...these will most likely be the photos on the listing.

Regards, Bruce.

IP Logged

dannynic

2.3 Manual Ultima

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jan 5th, 2007, 11:43am »

Do all the electrics work including the air con? What do you get to the gallon on average? Thanks.
IP Logged

I really want a cosworth!
TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 5th, 2007, 6:46pm »

Hi Danny, all electrics work save the dipping rear view mirror, I've never had the AC regassed but it works well, as does the heater...hot air as soon as I'm at the end of the road.

Regarding MPG, I can average about 20-22 in town, about 24-27 on a run.

Car is in Clacton-on-Sea in Essex if you're interested.

Regards, Bruce Smiley.
IP Logged

TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 7th, 2007, 6:03pm »

Wish me luck chaps Undecided

eBay link

In 2 minds whether I went OTT with the listing, wrote it weeks ago...sometimes I think I have some kind of compulsive writing disorder, a couple of paragraphs turns into pages Roll Eyes.

If it sells, there's another donation on its way to the site.

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 7th, 2007, 6:15pm »

good luck!!

IP Logged
bertie

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 7th, 2007, 8:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

hmmm looks nice and you've done a cracking job of polishing it BUT..... unfortunatley the bottom has fell out of 2nd hand Scorpios and looking at your Ebay advert £1495 is wishful thinking.

Have a look at Parkers Guide,http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=11756& ;plate=55&buysell=sell
 it says

Ford Scorpio Saloon (95-99)  
2.3 16V Ultima 4d Auto 1997/P  
Average mileage 90,000 miles
Original Price £23,675  
Independent Dealer £1,050  
Private Good  £975  
Private Poor  £590  
Part Exchange £785  

yours is a 1996 and has higher miles. I don't want to be negative etc it is a nice carbut it's woth jack squat. Get it sorn'd and keep it.

so good luck

IP Logged
TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 7th, 2007, 9:34pm »

I know Bertie, you aren't telling me anything I don't know mate Undecided

The reserve by the way is set at a grand. If it doesn't get there then there isn't much hope Roll Eyes

Got 5 watchers so far so it can't be all bad...all I can do is see how it goes. At worst it's cost me a tenner...

As I said above I could do with both the space and money, insuring 2 cars at my age is the killer. Among other things I've been in and out of work too over the last few months (another story), if it comes to it I'll SORN it.

Regards, Bruce Smiley.
IP Logged

LiverpaulH

My bird!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 9:31am »

I tend to take parkers and the like with a pinch of salt. A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Unusual/ less available cars like the scorp can command higher prices than guide, but its rare.  

Many cars are over priced in the guides, and sellers always hope to get top book. At the moment some garages are asking amusing prices for scorps esp 2.0 base models with no leather or 12 spokes.

Good luck with the sale.

Paul
IP Logged

Still hankering after a new scorpio- Aus BA Falcon, 5 years later and I still love it!
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 6:45pm »

Very best of luck mate, though you do realise that you can't leave the site even if you do manage to sell the Scorp don't you  Wink Smiley

PS Condition of the car is a credit to you, hope it either goes to a good home or stays with you.
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
bertie

Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 9:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 7th, 2007, 9:34pm, TiberiuS wrote:
I know Bertie, you aren't telling me anything I don't know mate Undecided

The reserve by the way is set at a grand. If it doesn't get there then there isn't much hope Roll Eyes

Got 5 watchers so far so it can't be all bad...all I can do is see how it goes. At worst it's cost me a tenner...

As I said above I could do with both the space and money, insuring 2 cars at my age is the killer. Among other things I've been in and out of work too over the last few months (another story), if it comes to it I'll SORN it.

Regards, Bruce Smiley.

Bruce

keep it... get it sorned and sleep on it for a couple of months..... you know what will happen, you will sel it and then immediately regret it.....

and you can always wheel it out to polish in the nice weather... ha ha

nice 1's are becoming a rare sight on the road....
IP Logged
Waglet

Aubergine 24V

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Jan 12th, 2007, 8:30pm »

I agree with the last comments. I sold a 24V on a `P` plate and almost instantly regretted this foolish action! Your car looks superb. The money you are asking seems OK to me but I am biased & if it was me, and I speak from experience, I`d keep it. Wish my `S` reg looked as good. Its a credit to you old chap.
IP Logged

Waglet
Ultima2300

RIP Blue 2.3 Ultima / White 2.0 8v Executive

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Jan 15th, 2007, 5:01pm »

So Bruce, don't keep us in suspenders  Shocked Huh

I kinda hope you kept it...

Geoff
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.