Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 12:23pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« M Reg Cossie for sale »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   M Reg Cossie for sale
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: M Reg Cossie for sale  (Read 1184 times)
brewer

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

M Reg Cossie for sale
« on: Apr 29th, 2007, 9:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've had this car for 2 years , lovely to drive but recently the timing chain has begun to rattle all the time and the garage tells me that oil pressure is very low at the top end although the oil pressure light goes off as normal when the engine starts.
 So it's driveable-just - and MOTed till 14th May.I just taxed it for a year starting May 1st!
 This car would be a great source of good spares - the gearbox/torque converter was replaced about 20000 miles ago and is perfect. New radiator and thermostat fitted this year plus a raft of sensors such as MAFF, VSS and one ABS.
The stainless steel exhaust is 2 years old and both cats were replaced with genuine Ford ones less than a year ago (£500 each they were)
 Everything in the car is presently functioning properly from cruise control to air conditioning.And the body structure is in very good order.
 I live in the Nottingham area if anybody is interested.
IP Logged
MARTIND

HAYABUSA 201rwhp

View Profile

Re: M Reg Cossie for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 1st, 2007, 7:47pm »

What sort of price are you looking for ?
IP Logged

Bought Unseen of EBAY - Wish me luck Smiley
brewer

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 1st, 2007, 7:51pm »

Offers round £300 ; buyer collects
IP Logged
Gremlin

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: May 4th, 2007, 11:21am »

is she still for sale ?
and givce us a sort of idea lol i dont like offending hehe
im looking  around for a replacemeny to add parts from mine as i looking for a new Gbox and of course if cheaper to buy annother i will Smiley
IP Logged
brewer

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 4th, 2007, 12:27pm »

Yep, it's still at the garage. They are looking out for a replacement car for me and have offered a sum in PX.
But I'd rather it wasn't lost to the Scorpio community so it's yours for £300 if you care to collect it.
 I repeat-there are 2 catalytic converters , genuine Ford , fitted last June and only a few thousand miles ago , a new radiator and thermostat fitted this year not to mention things like new sensors all over the place.Everything from the AC to the cruise control are fully operational.Stainless steel exhaust fitted 2005.Rebuilt gearbox/torque converter has only done about 15000 miles.
That's a lot of spares for the money.
It's MOT'd till 14th May and I've just taxed it. The £300 does not include the unused portion of the tax disc ie after May 31st.
 Stop Press-I've got a car lined up and collect it in the middle of next week.I shall dispose of the Scorp one way or another at the same time.I've given the forum members plenty of time to make their minds up.
IP Logged
brewer

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 8th, 2007, 12:42pm »

Well, you all had the opportunity of buying a mass of nearly new spares for a song and no takers. Reluctantly the car will be scrapped.
Ye Gods-a driveable car with thousands of pounds worth of new parts fitted in the last 2 years , everything in good working order except the oil pressure to the top end all for £300 and no takers.
IP Logged
mike

1996 Cosworth

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 8th, 2007, 8:16pm »

Just coming back from a holiday. If it is not too late yet, I am a taker.  
I can make arrangements to pick it up this Saturday.
Mike
IP Logged
mike

1996 Cosworth

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: May 13th, 2007, 11:52pm »

Three cheers for brewer!
I now have a full car's worth of spares. It is always sad to see one of these cars taken off the road but this is for a good cause: I will now be able to keep my Scorpio running for many years to come.
Mike
IP Logged
brewer

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: May 14th, 2007, 7:39am »

Mike-glad it's gone to a good home!
Let me know how you got on with the journey back.
IP Logged
mike

1996 Cosworth

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 14th, 2007, 9:41pm »

I already sent you a message last night: it should be in your inbox.
There was a lot of traffic (and crosswinds) on M1 and M25 driving down to Dover, with the constant fear the chain would snap without warning. Needless to say I made no attempt at racing the engine... But it ran very sweetly.
Upon landing in Calais after night fall I noticed the battery light glowing faintly so I thought it wiser  to stop for the night and save battery power. I drove the last 150 miles mostly on back roads and made it safely home Saturday afternoon.
All in all a nerve wracking experience but a very satisfactory outcome!
If the compressions are good  I may end up pulling the engine out and replacing the chains, guides etc. so I would have a spare engine.
Cheers,
Mike
IP Logged
brewer

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: May 15th, 2007, 8:34am »

AS I said, glad it's gone to some purpose.I'd had one thing after another with it. Although I bought it for a song (and I knew the gearbox was only a couple of months old too) within a month the servo failed-just a broken pipe , easily sorted.Then a misfire when cold which eventually led to limping at a max of 30 mph - leaking manifold gaskets this time, sorted out with a whole lot of new sensors like MAFF etc. Then the radiator light kept on coming on so a new one was fitted;it ran well for a while until last year's MOT when it failed on emissions.The cats were replaced and only genuine Ford ones would fit.Also replaced was the VSS sensor.Then last September the rad light and the ABS/Traction control lights came on.So the rad was changed again, plus the thermostat and a wheel sensor.All was then OK until the rattle began and the ABS light still kept coming on occasionally .So by now I'd had enough; I didn't really trust the car any more and more to the point neither did my wife!
By the way the battery warning light has glowed faintly ever since we got the car.Apparently it's notuncommon and nothing to worry about!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.