Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 11:20pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Possibly selling my scorp »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Possibly selling my scorp
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Possibly selling my scorp  (Read 1132 times)
crop

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Possibly selling my scorp
« on: May 28th, 2007, 8:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I am thinking of selling my "P" reg Ultiima 2litre as the m.o.t tax and insurance has run out. I am on incapacity benefit and the chances of me being able to afford the cost of getting it back on the road in the near future are slim. It's done around 198.000 but the engine runs smoothly, Brakes, tyres lights ec all are fine. There are a few faults with it which if anyone is interested i will let them know but nothing major.
e.g  Heater works when it wants to (tried to bypass it but not really successful)fan works ok. The starter inhibitor switch did not allow the car to start when hot so i bypassed that and have run it for a year with no problems.
Its dark green, no rust, black leather interior, good condition
rd9000 all working ok. As i say let me know if you are interested for more information.    crop
IP Logged
scorpius new

I love Scorpio's

View Profile

Re: Possibly selling my scorp
« Reply #1 on: May 30th, 2007, 12:40pm »

where abouts are you? And what sort of price are you looking for? Andy
IP Logged
crop

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 30th, 2007, 4:44pm »

I am in se london and i was thinking  of £350.
Its a "p" reg Cruise control works almost everything works, as i said the main problem is the heater The fan does work but when you turn the heater on nothing usually happens but you could drive for a few miles and go over a bump and the bloody thing starts working.
I dont think £350 is asking too much for such a luxurios car, my brother has a much newer volvo s80 2.9 and although its a good car (expensive to run) i prefer the comfort and drive of the ford.  ps i forgot its an automatic which works fine.
Can send pictures if required.
IP Logged
scorpius new

I love Scorpio's

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15th, 2007, 1:51pm »

Sorry mate it's too far to go, I live in south wales!! Good luck though Wink
IP Logged
crop

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 15th, 2007, 10:54pm »

Thanks.. as time goes by i have almost enough for the mot so i will be getting that done, i cant see it failing on anything, then if i dont sell it i will wait a while and get the tax and insurance. Most people say that i should have a small car but as i have a very bad back which can affect my legs i find the scorpio so easy to drive....i hope i can keep her.  thanks again.
IP Logged
catalina

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 20th, 2007, 11:14am »

I had the same problem with my heater. Found it was a loose and possiblly corroded connection in the box which sits in the middle of the well under the bonnet, just in front of the windscreen. It should have a cover over it but it was missing on the car when I bought it. It will take you a couple of minutes to check this before you get a bill from a workshop that takes a month's pension to pay.

Hope this works

John
IP Logged

Still learning, slowly.
crop

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27th, 2007, 7:09pm »

Thanks.. i have tried this before and found that if i unplug things and replace them it works for a short time then goes back to being inconsistent.
IP Logged
crop

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:35am »

Just to let you know i wont be selling this car now as after 4  months i managed to save the money for the mot, tax and insurance. Someone could have had a bargain with this as it failed the mot on 3 things...1, a windscreen wiper was not cleaning properly (what do you expect after sitting there that long. 2,right hand headlight was slightly out of alignment. 3, the abs light was on but cleared the next day when i took it for a retest. On the whole it wasn't bad, just cost me 99p for a pair of wipers.But i must add i used a new mot place just opened near me (never again) it took an hour and was the most intense mot i have ever had, he wouldn't budge on anything and i'm sure if the paintwork was scratched he would have failed it, the tuning place next door to him are really nice guys and helpful but he even failed one of their cars for a blown bulb even though they had hundreds of them on the shelf. Still i'm glad to be back on the road NO MORE BUSES.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.