Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 6:38pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 97 Cosworth 24V Ultima estate for sale »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   97 Cosworth 24V Ultima estate for sale
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 97 Cosworth 24V Ultima estate for sale  (Read 856 times)
Jeff

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

97 Cosworth 24V Ultima estate for sale
« on: Nov 5th, 2007, 1:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dark green Cosworth estate with pumice int for sale. Good running order, taxed and MOT'd but with a few outstanding malfunc's that need to be rectified. None detract from using the car which is smooth and powerful, and perfectly reliable. I will be very sorry to see it go, it's been the best car I've ever had. It has 120k miles on the clock, but the a/c, sunroof and trip computer don't work. Also the panel lights have just gone out. It had a new heater matrix last year, (still paying that off - FMD), new alternator this summer, and one of the rear shocks had to be replaced for the last MOT (FMD again). A couple of years ago it required a new cat, but only one and it has been fine since. The rest of the exhaust is still good. Also it is on its second windscreen, carefully fitted by the RAC (recommended) and all the elements work. The rear view mirror no longer responds to clowns with badly adjusted headlamps, but hasn't leaked or lost its optical quality. There are a number of dings on it from carparks etc, but no corrosion. The oil has been changed every 6 months, and the tappets clatter at start-up but hush immediately. What's it worth? A grand would be nice, let's see if anyone fancies it.
jeff.lawlor@fluor.com    (work hours)
jeff.lawlor@btopenworld.com   (home - Woking, Surrey)
 - photogs available.
IP Logged

2.9 Cosworth saloon and 2.3 saloon
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

Re: 97 Cosworth 24V Ultima estate for sale
« Reply #1 on: Nov 5th, 2007, 6:39pm »

tappets? is it not the timing chain?
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

Jeff

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: 97 Cosworth 24V Ultima estate for sale
« Reply #2 on: Nov 5th, 2007, 6:57pm »

I stand corrected by a senior member. Yes it prob is the timing chain, or indeed the timing chain tensioning shoe that I imagine is held in contact with the chain by oil pressure. Whatever, it has been doing this rattle act at start-up since I had it at 60k miles...think the previous owner was worried because he had it warm every time I went to view, and never let me hear the noise. But it has not got worse or failed, so I simply grit my teeth for 2 secs every morning, and it goes quiet as soon as the oil comes up. Maybe it should be done, but it has held up so far.
IP Logged

2.9 Cosworth saloon and 2.3 saloon
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.