Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:36am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Tourmallard 24 valve saloon - spares or repair »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Tourmallard 24 valve saloon - spares or repair
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tourmallard 24 valve saloon - spares or repair  (Read 1050 times)
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

Tourmallard 24 valve saloon - spares or repair
« on: Oct 12th, 2008, 11:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It is with regret that I must put my beloved Scorpio up for sale.

I've owned it for four years, it's been very good to me during this time but has recently developed issues that require more time and money than I have.

Basic information: Cosworth Ultima saloon with leather trim. 74035 miles. Pearlescent tourmallard green.

Bad points and reason for selling
The gearbox is on its last legs. The oil is burnt, and the box only lasts approx 10 miles before behaving badly.

The radiator is leaking. It'll last longer than the gearbox before needing topping up, but it needs replacing quickly.

There's a knocking from the front offside (I think) when braking from anything about 50mph. Suspect suspension arm.

There's an occasional ABS warning light, although to be fair to her, I haven't seen the light come on for the past two months. Cleaning the rear wheel sensor helped a while back, but it's hard to tell if that is the issue now.

Brake pipes and hoses flagged an advisory at the last MOT.

N/S steering rack gaiter is split.

Slight timing chain rattle on cold engine but has not got appreciably worse in the time I have owned the car.

The car has been in daily use until about 4 weeks ago and since then the battery has gone flat. Whether there is a drain on it, or it is going flat through lack of use I don't know.
It is currently connected to a trickle charger.

Early stages of rust on rear wheel arches.

Good points, and the reasons you should buy!
MOT until 15th January 09, tax until April 09.

It's in basically very good condition. There are a few small scratches and dints, but when washed it really gleams and looks stunning.

The interior is in good shape for its age - there is slight wear to the driver's seat side bolster, and the passenger seat has a small tear, as does the rear seat, but these are a few millimetres long and are never noticed. The engine seems to be in good shape. It pulls strongly in all gears, and it sounds fab.

All electrics work, including the electrochromatic mirror.

It had a new lock set three years ago. I have a standard black key, red key, and a key with light. There is a replacement remote which works fine.

The water pump and thermostat have been replaced.

Battery and fuse box covers are present and correct.

All the tyres are good and the discs and pads are ok.

I am the 5th owner. The previous owner bought it in January 2001, and I bought it in October 2004.

I have receipts for all parts and services for the last four years, but nothing before.

Please note that the car is for sale on a spares or repair basis, as it is basically good but requires attention due to the above listed faults.

Open to sensible offers, bearing in mind it has £100 worth of tax. Would prefer it to go to an owners club member. Will not break.

There are some photos taken this week in a file share folder, here are the details:
http://www.4shared.com/login.jsp
username: daveofjones@hotmail.co.uk
password: scorpiosell

There is also a scan of January's MOT advisories with the pictures.

I can take more pictures on request and will dump them in that folder, too.

You can e-mail me at the above address, or message me via the forum. Alternatively give me a call on 07745621623.

Extra, less important information: The stereo system boasts some excellent grade speakers, very tastefully fitted. The parcel shelf speakers are housed in the original Scorpio speaker mount/grills, and the front door speakers are direct replacements. Basically you can't tell by looking that the speakers are different, but the sound quality is miles better. I did have an mp3 CD/USB headunit in there, but I've now fitted a standard CD player that I don't mind giving away.
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

Re: Tourmallard 24 valve saloon - spares or repair
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15th, 2008, 11:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everybody

I think, reading back my advert, it sounds like I'm looking for a lot of money. I want to make it clear that I'm not; I understand it's a project and I am not looking to profit by getting rid of her. There's a hundred quids worth of tax, and it would be worth maybe £200 in scrap. Like I said, I won't scrap her. Offers in the region of £300 would be welcomed - and you can come to view her of course, before deciding.

Here's a picture of the keys to whet your appetite Kiss
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.