Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 6:25am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Potentially for sale »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Potentially for sale
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Potentially for sale  (Read 2539 times)
Charlotte

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Potentially for sale
« on: Jan 23rd, 2010, 12:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ford Scorpio Ultima Estate 2.3.  

Just MOT'd and serviced, will need tyres on the front at some point but not desperate, depends on the driving  you do I guess!  It's also just had a new battery.  Great little starter, has been sat out the front of our house for weeks through all the snow and started straight away.  nice runner (if you like this sort of thing) and very nippy.  Just had a cat and manifold fitted which were second hand but in good nick, original ford parts.

Car itself is in very good condition, doesn't need any welding and minimal rust.  Couple of small dints but nothing major and looks and drives really quite nicely, has covered 114k mileage on an S plate.  Has been well looked after and we have a carrier bag full of stuff proving it's history etc.  

Dark red/burgundy colour with full leather interior.  I will try and get some photo's if anyone is particularly interested in this.  It's my husbands car but we just don't use it.  I am trying to gauge interest in this and should we choose to sell it (which is preferable at this time) it would be available from start February.

Anyone interested?
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Potentially for sale
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23rd, 2010, 2:15pm »

Charlotte, It is always helpful to indicate which part of the Country you reside in plus manual or automatic. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Charlotte

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 23rd, 2010, 3:02pm »

Ooops! Embarassed

Knew there was something I'd forgotten to put in!  Live south Northamptonshire, nr Daventry and it's manual transmission.
IP Logged
Robzere31

2015 Felt F5 (Ultegra)

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23rd, 2010, 3:18pm »

Could be interested, what sort of price you have in mind?

IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 23rd, 2010, 11:06pm »

Oi Charlotte,does the old boy know it's for sale ? or are you exerting the wifely rights  Grin
   GOZZ.
IP Logged
10mpg

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 24th, 2010, 12:06am »

sounds intersting, do you have a price in mind?
IP Logged
Charlotte

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 25th, 2010, 8:41am »

Grin  'Course he does  Wink

No, in all seriousness, he does know it's for sale, we're seeing if there's any interest to be honest.  Looking at circa the £1500 mark I think, it is in good nick and all that...but happy to chat for anyone serious about it.

IP Logged
Robzere31

2015 Felt F5 (Ultegra)

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 25th, 2010, 2:57pm »

Thanks, but £1500 is to high for me.
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 25th, 2010, 8:53pm »

Charlotte.
Sorry to say you may have missed the boat for that sort of money Sad wrap it in cotton wool for about three years,I reckon that when they reach classic status,prices will rise  Cool
     GOZZ.
IP Logged
Charlotte

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jan 25th, 2010, 9:18pm »

Hi Gozz, thanks for taking the time to let me know, any ideas what a good price might be, I don't greatly want to wrap it in cotton wool, I'm not a lover of this car and just want rid to be honest... Roll Eyes

Also just remembered where I am posting this!  Am I going to get lynched nowHuh?   Shocked

Charlotte
IP Logged
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 25th, 2010, 10:14pm »

Charlotte.

I'm fairly new to this Scorpio malarky, I fancied one about 18 months ago and looked for a long time.   I used all internet and private sales forums and spent a lot of time on here reading up about the car.   Anyone that would want the car would have to be on here regularly to get the gossip on the model.   I got mine in March 2009, it then had 11 months MOT and a full road tax, 77 thousand miles, 2.3 saloon ultima.   There is absolutely no rust on it, not even the wheel arches or any underneath, two owners from new but really only one owner because it was a company car and the director took it with him when he retired.   I bought it from a Mercedes dealer in Birmingham that had put it on ebay for £1400 initially, then had dropped it to £1200.   I flew down on a Saturday from Inverness and gave the guy £900 cash.   Drove it back that night!   It's a great car.   I've just put it through an MOT with no problems and about to put a Stainless Steel exhaust on it.

You say 'minimal rust' if it's the rear arches or door bottoms, Hmmmm!   In my opinion your car is worth about £800 to someone that wants it, a lot less to just get rid of.   My apologies.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 25th, 2010, 10:41pm »

I'd reckon you're about right there PJ

There are a few Scorpios being advertised out there for £1000 plus but they're been up for sale for as long as I can remember..

The only Scorpios I've seen hit the £1000 mark recently are rare/low milage pristine examples, facelift 24v's and diesel automatics.

I suspect Charlotte's may also be a facelift and the manual 2.3 is getting quite rare so you just never know what someone may pay..
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 25th, 2010, 10:52pm »

There you are then Charlotte,straight from the horses mouths.I didn't really think you would want to mothball it,they get in the ruddy way don't they  Wink
        GOZZ.
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 27th, 2010, 10:37pm »

Charlotte,are you still with us ? what was the outcome,do you still have the old beast,and what about the car ?  Grin
         GOZZ.
IP Logged
Charlotte

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Mar 1st, 2010, 8:45am »

Hi, yep, still got it, and the car!  Am putting in Autotrader this month...and him in Exchange and Mart!

It's actually got no rust on it, the chap who serviced it recently couldn't find any at all, so I was hauled over for initially saying it has minimal rust.... Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Charlotte

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Jun 4th, 2010, 3:47pm »

Hi All  

Just to say, this is now definitely for sale, and I'd like £795 for it if at all possibleHuh

It still drives lovely, much to his distress as it's making it harder for him to part with it, but now have locked him in the basement and forced him to sign the agreement to sell in blood....JOKING PEOPLE!

In all seriousness, this car is available, ready to go and wanting a nice new owner who will love it and take car of it.  Based South Northants, please mail me if you are genuinely interested, it's got no rust, but being an S reg, it's got a couple silly dints here and there, nothing major and certainly no rust.

Thanks
Charlotte
IP Logged
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Jun 4th, 2010, 10:44pm »

You'll still struggle to get that money.   You'll need a full MOT with documents to prove servicing and previous MOT's, and you'll need proof of oil changes and a road tax of sorts.   You might get £500 for it with all that.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Charlotte

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Jun 4th, 2010, 11:39pm »

I have a carrier bag full of history for it including MOT's both current and old, all servicing history.

I'm a little confused by you saying "a road tax of sorts"....it's taxed and being driven at the moment, with MOT until Jan 2011.  It's not a wreck of a car, it's in excellent condition and the reason we're selling it is because it's not practical to own 3 cars, when one of them is rarely used and when it is it's used to drive 85 miles to London and back, which isn't cost effective.
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Jun 7th, 2010, 10:32am »

on Jun 4th, 2010, 10:44pm, PJDavis wrote:
You'll still struggle to get that money.   You'll need a full MOT with documents to prove servicing and previous MOT's, and you'll need proof of oil changes and a road tax of sorts.   You might get £500 for it with all that.

I'd disagree with all of that Peter, it isn't a 2 year old car for sale here, financially theres not going to be a huge risk in shelling out the asking price, I would be quite confident in recouping that sort of money by breaking the car for spares if needed.

its 12 years old with 114,000 miles taxed and Mot'd and while good regular servicing is obviously a bonus, its only a bit of paper, a few quid in the hand of the right person will produce a full service history for any car Wink

previous mot's have no real value other than to prove milage and a 12 year old car with 114,000 miles doesnt really require that does it?

plus Scorpio prices have risen in the 6 months since this car was put up for sale, they are now REGULARLY fetching over £1000..
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: Jun 7th, 2010, 10:54am »

Aye, your right Stuart.   But that is selling to a person that wants the car.    
I saw the remains of a Scorpio Ghia in Williamsons about a fortnight ago, with about ten tons of scrap on top of it.   Douglas Williamson, (Guy that owns the yard, and a mate) told me the fella that owned it drove it to the yard and scrapped it because it had failed the MOT on the front brakes, and he had it advertised for seven weeks in various places and couldn't give it away.   Of course Douglas doesn't have a licence to sell vehicles, and even though I asked him if I could filch a couple of bits, he refused.   I think I did see it advertised in the local rag, the fella lived in Aviemore.   As far as I could see, it was quite a nice car.   Certainly up here no-one wants Scorpios, and anyone that does have one is committed.   There is quite a few up here, but no-one I know is on this site.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.