Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 6:21am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Update on Mystery Limo. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Update on Mystery Limo.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Update on Mystery Limo.  (Read 674 times)
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

Update on Mystery Limo.
« on: Mar 16th, 2010, 9:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Further to the above,a close inspection of the photo's reveals that it has Granada door handles,therefore with it's Granada interior and engine bay,and 1992 registration it is obviously an ambitious cut and shut,which in the early 90s would have been viable for a trader.The registration number shown is not with it,as the previous owner kept it for another limo.
       GOZZ.
IP Logged
lesterlad aka Rodders

2.3 Ghia x Estate (Manual)

View Profile Email

Re: Update on Mystery Limo.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16th, 2010, 6:36pm »

I have no idea how the coach builders of these limo's receive them prior to conversion, do they arrive as a shell ?

Just thinking that if the builders had a few bits of Granada and Scorpio lying around could they have "stitched" them together ?

Noticed it has 4 stud Scorpio hubs/wheels which ties in with the body style.
IP Logged

There's are methods to my madness!!! I'm not sure what the methods are but there's definitely madness in them
tonyboy

black2.924Vcoss ( No More )

Tony+Redden   Tony+Redden
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16th, 2010, 6:50pm »

I noticed the door handle, the little red button for locking the door, same as my old MK3 grannie.........
IP Logged

I think i'm going, erm what do you call it..... Senial.... Huh
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16th, 2010, 8:29pm »

I'm not too sure how the stretchers received the donor vehicles from Ford,a lot of the trim and other bits wouldn't be needed of course.This mystery beast would have been done privately,either as the result of a shunt or as an upgrade using the back end of a Scorpio,probably a write off,and all the front panels attached to the original Granada skeleton which as you can see is still in situ.A Scorpio limo would have cost £50-£60.000 in the nineties,so there would have been a good crust to be made in doing what has been done with this one.It would be interesting to see what has been done to use the four stud wheels,whether the front suspension is Granada with Scorpio hubs,and whether the complete rear arms have been fitted,maybe the entire rear end including all Scorpio parts was grafted on,it's a sure thing that it would all be a waste of time and money today  Roll Eyes
     GOZZ.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.