Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:27am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 1998 ( S REG ) 2.3 ULTIMA ESTATE FOR SALE »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   1998 ( S REG ) 2.3 ULTIMA ESTATE FOR SALE
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 1998 ( S REG ) 2.3 ULTIMA ESTATE FOR SALE  (Read 1343 times)
bubbles

Scorpio Ultima Estate

View Profile WWW Email

1998 ( S REG ) 2.3 ULTIMA ESTATE FOR SALE
« on: Sep 6th, 2010, 9:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,
I've owned my Scorpio for some 8 years and decided that it was time for a change. I have just purchased an 06 Mondeo Ghia X, so only time will tell if I have made the right decision ! What a pity that it doesn't have the soft Scorpio seats, dropping mirrors and sport mode;  I think that I've been spoilt over the last few years !!
The Scorpio was MOT'd during August so has almost 12 months and is taxed until Feb 2011.
I purchased the car in July 2002 with 80,000 miles on the clock and now has 155,000 which is an average for me of around 10,000 miles per annum.  
I started preparing for the MOT in around March and it passed with just one advisory warning, that being a small split in the sill. I had a patch welded a couple of years ago, and the weld had just started to split open a little. I have re-filled this. For the MOT I fitted new front wishbones/bushes to both sides at a cost of around £220 and at the same time fitted front stabiliser drop link rods and anti roll bar bushes. I also purchased a couple of tyres and had to have a new windscreen fitted. The oil and filter was also changed just a couple of thousand miles ago.  
The car is fitted with a tow bar but I have only towed a fairy small trailer a couple of times a year.  
The car still has it's red key plus 2 standard keys with the remote. I also have the radio code and the handbook. It still has a good spare which has only been used a couple of times due to punctures.  
Unfortunately the Curias bodywork isn't brilliant, but is more than acceptable and probably average for its age. I did have to fill the rear wheel arches a while back and there are one or two supermarket dents in the doors.  The interior is very good and the leather has been treated on a regular basis.
I guess that the major issue is that the air con doesn't work. The compressor siezed about 2 years after I bought it and was going to cost a few hundred to put right. On the up side it saves on petrol and there is a sun roof. When this happened a shorter belt was fitted missing out the pulley on the compressor.  
Other minor faults are :
No light in the clock ( I have never wanted to damage the dash trying to get it out)  
Cracked glass in the fog light ( have fixed with sealer and works fine )
Small bullet holes in headlamp ( again used sealer and is fine )
Air bag light ( will flicker sometimes on a very bumpy road)  
I do have a personalised number plate on the car at the moment. I guess that I shall have to await the registration document to be returned for my new car before I can transfer the number. I am hoping that I may be able to do this next Monday (13th ) or the Monday after ( 20th)  at the local DVLA office.  
Local to me is Norwich. I live in North Norfolk half way between Norwich and Cromer.  
As for price, I would like to think that it would be worth £500 to somebody based on the monies spent this year.  
Even though I am unable to part with the car for a week or so because of the registration number, I thought that any interested parties would perhaps be able to give it some consideration.
IP Logged
bubbles

Scorpio Ultima Estate

View Profile WWW Email

Re: 1998 ( S REG ) 2.3 ULTIMA ESTATE FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13th, 2010, 11:19pm »

Hello again,
Yes it's taken nearly six weeks for the DVLA to sort out my Registration Documents ! I have now transferred my personalised plate from the Scorpio onto my new car and the Scorpio has been allocated with its original "S" plate.
I am now in a position to sell the car should anyone be interested. Would like it to go to a good home and so would rather sell from here than ebay !! Make me an offer !!!
Contact through this site or email,  scootacar@btinternet.com
IP Logged
wheelrim

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: 1998 ( S REG ) 2.3 ULTIMA ESTATE FOR SALE
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16th, 2010, 10:37am »

Yes interested.
Will Email you but this may be quicker.
My number 01603 810366.
Trev
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.