Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 10:33pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« The recent E'bay damaged 24v in Dudley. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   The recent E'bay damaged 24v in Dudley.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The recent E'bay damaged 24v in Dudley.  (Read 882 times)
The Rooster in the Scorpio.

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

The recent E'bay damaged 24v in Dudley.
« on: Feb 19th, 2011, 10:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi to you all out there. I hope this is not 'An Out of Order Post'. Did any one on the forum bid on the recent (finished this evening,Saturday) 2.3 24v Pepper Red damaged Cat D Ultima Estate?. The one in Dudley.
It would be interesting to know if any of you went and looked at it before you bid and what your thoughts/reactions were,and if you carried on to bid after seeing it. Even if you bid on it without looking at it did you win the bidding?. If so let us know what transpired. Did you speak to the body repairer that was local and priced the repair to do it before a VIC could be issued and the car returned to the road with a New Categorised (Cat D disclosure) V5 or V5C document ?.
I believe that I was the first to contact the seller and ask very specific questions before driving the 105miles to physically look at and assess the car asking questions based upon what was seeing etc. The car was first put onto E'bay with only the first two images and also no image from the side of the wing/bonnet. I asked for the others but still did not get a profile view to see ,nor were there any of the other usual images associated with selling a car.
I did no more than that,I thanked him;turned around and drove home.  
 We all see things in a different way and require them for a different purpose. Your comments would be appreciated whether you looked at it or not at the home of the seller or just went off the auction insertion.
IP Logged

Big Fords with Big Lumps & an Automatic Transmission are for Easy Driving.
Life is often cut short,use it to the full each day.Eat well & healthy. It is a Ballgame of Numbers,keep yours in the air.
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

Re: The recent E'bay damaged 24v in Dudley.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20th, 2011, 12:34pm »

i didnt even know there was one on there, im about 15 miles from dudley

what was the final buying price? it was probs just bought to be scrapped
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
The Rooster in the Scorpio.

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: The recent E'bay damaged 24v in Dudley.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20th, 2011, 2:19pm »

on Feb 20th, 2011, 12:34pm, Matt wrote:
i didnt even know there was one on there, im about 15 miles from dudley

what was the final buying price? it was probs just bought to be scrapped

Hi Matt. The car(E'bay Advanced Search item No 110648337217 ) went for £666.66p,there were 8bids.
It might still be there, if it is only a short hop to have a butchers before it goes it might be worth it for the exercise.Just tell him you were late in finding out and wanted to look at what you had missed!!!.
The address is 40,Quarry Road,Dudley. DY2 0EF.
If you are going to have a look don't go in from Old Hill end go in from the low numbers off Coppice Lane/Saltwells Road. The opposite end of Quarry road off High St/Cradely Road is OK I think.
Reddal Hill Road is a bomb site!!.
IP Logged

Big Fords with Big Lumps & an Automatic Transmission are for Easy Driving.
Life is often cut short,use it to the full each day.Eat well & healthy. It is a Ballgame of Numbers,keep yours in the air.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.