Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 1:18am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« State Blue Ultima 2.0 »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   State Blue Ultima 2.0
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: State Blue Ultima 2.0  (Read 2407 times)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

State Blue Ultima 2.0
« on: Mar 18th, 2012, 6:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm really not expecting any takers.   It would be a shame to scrap the car.   It's not available right away because I haven't finished messing about with it!   It's got 114k on it, but will grow on that.   Ticket till mid October, Tax till end of August.   It's had a bit of TLC today, and will get a bit more, I will probably rub the roof down and blow it over.   The boot lid that will be on it will have a slight dent in the off-side, and the near-side front door card has a slight glued split.   The car runs great, I did a 400 mile journey fairly quickly and it never missed a beat returning over 32 mpg.   There's no doubt the car as a whole is a bit tired, but it has a lot of life left in it.   I reckon if £200-£300 was spent on it, it would be a really good car.   (That would include the roof)   All the electrics will work before I let it go, bearing in mind I won't be letting it go soon.   It won't be advertised elsewhere, and won't go to anyone unless they are a member of this site.   You'll see a couple of pics below, if you want more I'll provide them, just pm me.   We all know how much these cars are worth.   If you're interested then we'll talk.   I don't need to get rid of this car, I will easily turn it to spares for mine, so there's no rush at all.   There is still a slim chance I'll keep it and MOT it in August before the tax runs out just to see how good it is.   It's the 'N' reg in the pics.

Peter

IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

Re: State Blue Ultima 2.0
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18th, 2012, 9:13pm »

Put the same number plate on both of em PJ,you'll only need to tax one then   Grin I know a man who did that with two identical Dodge lorries,he would send one north and one south both running on a mixture of derv and heating paraffin  
             GOZZ. Shocked
IP Logged
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19th, 2012, 8:53am »

It's a thought.   Unfortunately because I have the only Scorpio within the local area, it's known to the local Cops.   And being in a rural area the Cops have little to do so concentrate on the motorist!   It'll soon be well known that I have two of them, on the way to work this morning I stopped at the end of the road, and one of the locals coming the opposite way stopped and said, "starting a taxi business are you".
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21st, 2012, 3:09pm »

Cheek! Grin
IP Logged

Mike H
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: May 2nd, 2012, 3:57pm »

As you's see the pics have gone, this because of the image-host.  That's no-problem I can send pics to an email addy if anyone is interested.   The car is clean, no rusty arches, the leather is now cleaned and fed.   'Aunty' starts on the button even if left for a fortnight.   It's still on 114k ish, MOT'd till mid October, Taxed till end of August.   I still need to swap the boot over, just waiting for better weather, and the roof is still sun-bleached.   As I've said at the start, I don't need to get rid of this car, it'll give me all the spares I'll ever need and I've now built a shed to house the spares when I strip it!  Wink   I'd still rather see it go to a member to get more use out of it.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: May 7th, 2012, 4:06pm »

Hi Peter, Might be interested as the piston swap I was going to do with a lot of help on this site might not be the way to go. Also, just found the front passenger footwell soaked with water, another problem. Funny, as the car has sat on the drive and not moved obviously. I have not removed anything that could have let water in on the bulkhead, so I'm wondering how it got in. It can't be from the matrix? Possibly the sunroof? Let me know what your thinking. I could break mine to fund the purchase as no work means no money spare. Cheers Lee
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 7th, 2012, 4:32pm »

Lee. Drop the glove compartment and check for water up behind it. The favourite place is the large grommet behind the auxillary fusebox which ,if not seated correctly, will allow water into the car and over the electronics!. Is the battery cover fitted and are the bulkhead drainholes clear?.  Smiley Here
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: May 7th, 2012, 4:59pm »

You beat me to it Simmo!   No problems if anyone wants to buy the car, Aunty is ready to go if needs be, I changed the boot-lids over today, what a bloody job single-handed.   Both lids are well installed, and water-proof with good shut-lines.    Aunty will sit now until just after the summer holidays, Taxed till end of August.   Even though Aunty is MOT till mid October, I might take it for a ticket during August if I'm feeling flush, I see no reason for it to fail, and I might just put it in the local rag with a full ticket to see if anyone bites.   I can't help thinking though that it would yeild a whole car of spares and I'd never need for a Scorpio even if my main car got written-off.   Only time will tell!    Grin

I'll leave these pics up for a while, but I'll delete them once the thread has gone down the line a bit.   The car really does have no rust!
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: May 7th, 2012, 10:02pm »

Peter,Pm Sent
IP Logged
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: May 7th, 2012, 10:04pm »

Drainholes clear and battery cover fitted Huh
IP Logged
Glyn

Now an OAP ! 95 cossie and another !and a 12v

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: May 8th, 2012, 12:36am »

Peter, looks so good I could be tempted myself!
Glyn
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.