Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 4:21pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Old 'Aunty' »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Old 'Aunty'
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Old 'Aunty'  (Read 5139 times)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

Old 'Aunty'
« on: May 21st, 2012, 7:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well I did a silly thing and spent an afternoon freshing Aunty up, so I'll post the photo's below.   Aunty is still up for grabs, MOT Oct' 2012, Tax August 2012.  114k miles.   Everything works, and come August before the Tax runs out I might just splash-out £50 and take her for a fresh MOT because I think she'll sail it.   This is the last time I'll post photo's or offer the car to anyone, I'll start stripping Aunty when I come back from Malta after my Six weeks away, about mid August.   Whilst taking the polish off earlier, the engine was running, and I discovered that the electric fans cut in and out perfectly!   First pics done in the shade to give you's the best of both type.   I'm not bothered about the registration showing now, she'll not get much more use except a run up the private road once a week.   And regularly started and moved.

Hope you all like the pics.   I'll be loath to strip her, she's now lovely inside and out.

Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Old 'Aunty'
« Reply #1 on: May 22nd, 2012, 12:26pm »

Does look like a good 'un and a real shame to break, if I had the space and mine was cr@p, but I haven't and it isn't Grin

IP Logged

Mike H
Bikerdon

2.0 Ultima saloon, Norton 500, Suzuki 550.

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13th, 2012, 8:15pm »

I'm interested in this one as mine is now starting to suffer various electrical gremlins on a regular basis, can you p.m. me with a rough guide as to how much you are looking for Aunty. She would be well looked after.
IP Logged

My other car's a bike!
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 13th, 2012, 9:29pm »

He's your side of the border Peter Wink
IP Logged
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 10th, 2012, 8:34am »

Still no interest?   I go away on holiday for a few days on Sunday, back Thursday.   The following week I'm starting to bust the car up.   There has been a couple of bites on here and outwith, but I aint letting the car go for stupid money.  The Tax runs out at the end of August, MOT mid-October.   I've spent enough time and money on the car to get it as good as, somebody asked what it's like underneath so I took it to work and put it on the ramp.   It's fine, rear chassis member no rust, (in fact I found a tow-bar underneath!)  no rust on the body, wheel arches perfect, all brake-lines greased up, chassis rails perfect even above the rear wishbones, no rust except surface wee bits underneath.   The front wishbones have been done, and I have about £1800 of receipts for work since 2006.   The only minus points I can see is the roof, and the first exhaust box back from the cat has a seam-welded patch.   The longest I've left the car without starting is a month, and it started first time on the button after being outside.   I start it and take it up the road once a week, it's too good to break really but it's taking up too much space.   I will come down on my price, but it's still worth a lot of spares to me and I've had a bite at the diff and wheels and perfect interior.   So, last chance!   For a car that would be great with very little money spent on it..
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 11th, 2012, 5:32pm »

Dammit ..  Cry

IP Logged

Mike H
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 12th, 2012, 9:20am »

Aye, my thoughts exactly.   I can only think that no-one wants them.   Aunty is better than most if not all I see on Ebay or on car-sales places on the internet, that are asking for a lot more cash.   It's just the roof really, but the car has the potential to be easily as good as Movvy with about £200 spent on just wee bits like the roof and an MOT.   A shame but I can't keep it outside forever!
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 12th, 2012, 2:45pm »

I ain't got the space or the moolah, otherwise....

IP Logged

Mike H
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 16th, 2012, 5:39pm »

Aye Mike, that's what it amounts to.   I couldn't care less about the Dosh, it's the space.   I have no covering for any cars, I have a couple of historic cars in the UK, an Alvis and a near-perfect Mk2 Cortina estate, that are kept at Father-in-laws.   But my Bikes are kept in the garage here,  which also include an 'old-Bike'.   That's why nothing that I drive is covered!   Aunty is outside along with the two other 'driving-cars' and apart from the space it isn't doing Aunty any favours.   Hey-Ho, I know what will happen, just as I start to bust Aunty up someone will ask me if I still have her because theirs has failed the MOT drastically!
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 18th, 2012, 11:37am »

SOMEBODY BUY THIS

IP Logged

Mike H
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 19th, 2012, 1:17pm »

I spy with my little eye,Old Aunty on Car and Classic U.K.  Shocked
IP Logged
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 19th, 2012, 3:50pm »

Aye.   I've had nearly 400 hits, and only two interested, one offered me £275, and the other never turned up to look when he said he would.   Pity really, the car is worth about £400 to me to scrap, and that leaves me with loads of spares in the right colour including two un-damaged bumpers.   I've had a few people off here say they're interested, but I think people that have said they're interested think I'm going to sell them the car for £300 or something!   Very surprising seeing as I would have thought that people that come onto this site would realise the worth of the car, maybe I'm wrong.   But I do have interest in the Diff, wheels, and perfect interior, all adding-up to more than what people on here are obviously thinking they would get the car for.   I'll be taking the car to my work sometime in September/October, and getting the students to strip it out carefully.   I'll then take the change of the parts I want.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 19th, 2012, 6:00pm »

sadly its a question of space for me, if i had the land some of you have then it would be full of them lol
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
Stixy

I should know better

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Aug 20th, 2012, 12:17am »

I had the same problem until you bought it  

I had people saying they wanted it  then never turning up or thinking i was desparate to get rid and  offering silly money for it  but i could have easily broke it for £500 but i diddnt have the heart to do it  but it came very very close  

IP Logged
lesterlad aka Rodders

2.3 Ghia x Estate (Manual)

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Aug 20th, 2012, 8:26am »

on Aug 19th, 2012, 6:00pm, Matt wrote:
sadly its a question of space for me, if i had the land some of you have then it would be full of them lol

Me too.

Hmm, now you've got me thinking Matt, one of my daughters has just acquired a house with 2 acres of land.  
 Grin
IP Logged

There's are methods to my madness!!! I'm not sure what the methods are but there's definitely madness in them
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Aug 20th, 2012, 9:47am »

Could this be the beginnings of the East Midlands Scorpio repository,possibly 'Rodsgirl's  Rest for Retired Rarities'.  Cool
     (I did say repository,and make no inference as to what one should do with ones Scorpio)  Wink
IP Logged
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Aug 26th, 2012, 4:13pm »

Well, Aunty went on her last long run ever this weekend, I'm just back from doing a round-trip of 377 miles.   Never missed a beat, sat at just over legal speeds all the way and returned just under 35mpg.   Full Four adults and all their luggage, through all weathers, and mostly A-roads with some dual carriageways.   Got 110mph on a stretch of dual-carriageway, Sat-Nav speed.   Need to SORN aunty by the end of the week, then start to break her before the beginning of October.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
mackay

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Sep 1st, 2012, 5:14pm »

hi just joined this site, saw your car, i have one which im trying to sell, to good to scrap, mine is the 2.3 ghia 16 valve, some one offered me 200, then had time wasters, yours is beautiful also, like you say silly offers. Sad
IP Logged

SMACKAY
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Sep 1st, 2012, 10:49pm »

I bet you're less than 20 miles from me.   We should 'hook-up' for a chat if you're interested.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: Sep 9th, 2012, 3:21pm »

Took Aunty for a run this morning.   No tax now, but it's the very same colour as another car I know!    Wink   I can't get Aunty into the workshop at the college for a while yet, so I needed to go put some fuel in her.   Sainsbury's is seven miles from me and that seemed like a good wee run.   Managed to get her up ovr the Ton easily on the way back after putting £30 of fuel in.    

I'll let the car go for the original price minus the cost of six months tax and an MOT, which equals about £400 if anyone on here is interested.   Still seems a shame to scrap a car that drives and looks so well, I keep looking on the internet and any I see may look better on the surface, but Aunty has no rust in any of the usual places, and is sound underneath and behind the rear bumper.   These other cars on the net mostly have the start of rotting wheel arches, and electrical problems, and still are advertised at about double what I'm asking for Aunty.    I can only presume that they aren't selling at that price, and I'm also too far North.    

When I start to break Aunty I'll be putting the pictures up as proof of the great condition she's in, it'll be too late then for offers!    Cheesy
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.