Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 4:20pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Cosworth Diesel.......????? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Cosworth Diesel.......?????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cosworth Diesel.......?????  (Read 1589 times)
gemeg22171

View Profile

Cosworth Diesel.......?????
« on: Nov 13th, 2012, 4:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Found this www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/c311732

Here Wink

IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Cosworth Diesel.......?????
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13th, 2012, 5:37pm »

That looks one really nice car. Certainly not a Cosworth and is a manual.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
bernard_slade

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 14th, 2012, 2:05am »

looks in good condition but with its biodegradeable main loom it cannot be worth more than a few hundred pounds for any day now the battery wont hold charge and it will be a scrap job sad but mine went the same way 20 or30 bright copperwires surrounded by grey dust only previously held in lnplace the outer loom wrapping is a sickening sight especially when you find wires already welded together strangely mine stilll ran perfectly but a fire was inevitable so it could not be saved
IP Logged

another OAP past sell by date
amigafan2003

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 14th, 2012, 10:21pm »

on Nov 14th, 2012, 2:05am, bernard_slade wrote:
looks in good condition but with its biodegradeable main loom it cannot be worth more than a few hundred pounds for any day now the battery wont hold charge and it will be a scrap job sad but mine went the same way 20 or30 bright copperwires surrounded by grey dust only previously held in lnplace the outer loom wrapping is a sickening sight especially when you find wires already welded together strangely mine stilll ran perfectly but a fire was inevitable so it could not be saved

Not all looms do this.  Certainly the wiring on circa 1995 cars had more of a succeptability to this issue but others have looms looking like they have just let the showroom.

And you can rebuild a loom quite easily if you have plenty of time and patience.
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 14th, 2012, 10:27pm »

The man says it's "a sound investment"  Shocked it would be were it a Cosworth diesel,rare as hen's teeth eh ?
IP Logged
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 15th, 2012, 8:32am »

The Loom issues are very strange.   I've spent a lot of time patching-up the fuel shut-off loom a while ago.   I expected my Auto-box loom to be in the same condition so I checked and patched-up the Auto-box loom I got with my spare Auto-box which was in a poor condition.   When Dave changed the auto-box very recently he checked the loom on the car and it was in almost perfect condition, very strange!   So now I have a spare auto-box loom.   Cheesy
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 15th, 2012, 9:30am »

The first batch of Scorpio funeral vehicles I had were V6 12v,these had three signal wires from the distributor to the ECU bound inside a copper shield,this co-axial looking thing was then built into the main loom.You can bet your boots that if the engine started messing about the three wires had amalgamated as one into a disintegrated mess,along with the insulation on most of the others cracking off in small chunks.The 16v looms as we all know,suffer in a similar way,particularly under the spark plug cover where they get too hot,but are easier to bind up when the engine starts playing up.The 24v looms are legendary in their collapse,and are of course an awkward sod to remove.As has been noted on here before,possibly more Scorpios have been weighed in through loom problems than any other single cause,but as amigafan states,if you have time and patience nothing is insurmountable    Cool
IP Logged
gemeg22171

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Nov 18th, 2012, 10:52am »

Advertiser has corrected the Ad.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.