Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 4:30pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« A Rather Nice Looking 12V »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   A Rather Nice Looking 12V
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A Rather Nice Looking 12V  (Read 1934 times)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

A Rather Nice Looking 12V
« on: Dec 31st, 2012, 10:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Check the link below.   A nice car for someone at a fair price.   A lot of miles, but the body is good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-SCORPIO-ULTIMA-2-9L-V6-AUTO-SALOON-INCRED IBLE-CONDITION-LOADED-1995-/160948018362?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item25793fdcba
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Glyn

Now an OAP ! 95 cossie and another !and a 12v

View Profile

Re: A Rather Nice Looking 12V
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31st, 2012, 10:51pm »

Body looks great-much better than the 12v I bought in the summer with the clear coat going off all over but it had only done 33000 and I couldn't resist it at £100 more than that one!
Glyn
IP Logged
bernard_slade

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 3rd, 2013, 2:04am »

yes the car looks great but dont forget it has arnitel wiring and unless you possess a replacement engine and mainloom it could die on you and be worth £200 scrap value as i suspect rectification for the uninitiated would involve a labour bill in the region of the cars advertised price if you can find someone to take it on
IP Logged

another OAP past sell by date
amigafan2003

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:24am »

on Jan 3rd, 2013, 2:04am, bernard_slade wrote:
yes the car looks great but dont forget it has arnitel wiring and unless you possess a replacement engine and mainloom it could die on you and be worth £200 scrap value as i suspect rectification for the uninitiated would involve a labour bill in the region of the cars advertised price if you can find someone to take it on

You keep saying this but only a minority of the Arnitel equipped cars suffer this problem - many more go on and don't have a single issue with it.

Just because you've been burnt with yours is no reason to post on every mention of an Arnitel equipped car warning them away.  I'm sure prospective buyers are well aware of the considerations.
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:15am »

Having had many stretched Scorpios from 'N' to 'V' reg,I have found them all to be problematic in the engine looms,some to a greater degree than others.Obviously the older cars will suffer first,but my very newest 2.3 registered in Sep 1999 has suffered a major loom disintegration at 40000 miles,a bloody nuisance when on the way to the crematorium full of mourners  Roll Eyes
But up to yet I have not suffered anything that couldn't be fixed with patience , ingenuity and determination.
                   GOZZ.
IP Logged
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 3rd, 2013, 12:02pm »

The looms can be removed with basic tools, even on the 24v it only takes a couple of hours to get out.

a roll of heat resistant wire and some heat shrink and there back to new again in a weekend

only car i know of thats suffered total loss from the wiring looms was Craig's 12v estate, the loom clip broke and started rubbing on the exhaust, shorting out both fuse boxes.

still he got it to a running condition in 6 hours to get him home but the damage was done!
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.