Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 2:39pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Testing the Water! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Testing the Water!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Testing the Water!  (Read 1084 times)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

Testing the Water!
« on: Mar 27th, 2013, 8:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm going to offer 'Old-Movvy' up for sale!   I still have 'Aunty' but I also have other cars and motorcycles, and not that I really need to sell anything I'm just not using anything half as much as I should do.   What I'm doing is putting a few of the better stuff up for sale to see if it will sell.   'Aunty' is still up for grabs for about £350, I've had a good few people on here asking, one person in particular is still very interested but won't come up with the money!

I'm not going to post any pics up of 'Movvy' there's plenty on here someplace.   Just been taxed for a year, and MOT till the end of August and will have no problems with future MOT's as far as I can see.   Recent work done includes a complete and comprehensive gearbox re-build (not recondition) by Dave2302.   The car has Two sets of 12 spoke alloys both powder-coated and in perfect condition, one set silver one set black.   Both sets of wheels with legal tyres, two on the black set brand-new.   Full Stainless-Steel Exhaust, and just had a new CAT fitted.   Tow-Bar.   All electrics work, the sunroof in manual.   It really is a lovely car, and Dave is quoted as saying "one of the best 2.3's he's driven".   It'll come with a mountain, (and I mean a mountain) of spares, including the next job that needs doing which is a set of Mintex front pads and discs!   It does about 27-28mpg the way I drive it which isn't slowly because I drive the car as it should be, it'll do about 33mpg on a run at speed-limit speeds + 10%.  

The only faults with it are, the rear bumper has a hairline crack at one corner, and tiny bit of surface rust on the off-side rear arch, just a few wee pin-heads that have been there since last summer but not spread.   The front edge of the passenger rear-door is a wee bit surface rust too.

112K miles.   Loads of service history, original receipt, thousands spent!   I'm not selling this car for a song, because I don't really need to sell it and one of the other cars or bikes might sell before.    

The car isn't offered anywhere else, I'm sure most of the people on here know all about it, if you want more info then email me, I'll also send pics if you want.   Please don't waste my time though, I've had enough of that whilst trying to offer 'Aunty' at a reasonable price.   I don't really expect any offers for the car because most people on here already have a decent Scorpio, and it would be tragic and I'd be very sad to see this car go.   It owes me a lot of money, some of that very recent, e.g. the Autobox.   I'm open to all reasonable offers, but it won't go for much less than £1200.

I know I'll probably just end-up keeping it, it's such a great car, there's no-pressure from the wife even because she likes it as well!   Remember I live North Scotland, but that shouldn't be a problem, the car will drive anywhere, and has been to Malta and back with ease!

Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

Re: Testing the Water!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28th, 2013, 10:00am »

Plenty of watchers, no-takers as I suspected!   Anyways, I sold my Mk2 Cortina Estate last-night, just after I discovered 'Movvy' has a leaky inlet manifold!   Cortina went to a good home for a better price than I expected.   Mind you it was in almost perfect condition, and had only been out for summer shows for the past eight years, a 1600 Super, and the chap that took it drove it straight down to Seahouses in Northumbria.   So 'Movvy' will remain.   'Aunty' is still started regular, and run up the road, I'm thinking if it doesn't go by after Easter then I'll MOT it and get the roof blown-over.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Glyn

Now an OAP ! 95 cossie and another !and a 12v

View Profile

Re: Testing the Water!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29th, 2013, 12:50am »

Great that you are still keeping at least one !
Glyn
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.