Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 2:21am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Reluctant sale of 2.3 Ghia saloon »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Reluctant sale of 2.3 Ghia saloon
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Reluctant sale of 2.3 Ghia saloon  (Read 1963 times)
merseyscorp

98 manual 2.3Ghia saloon

View Profile

Reluctant sale of 2.3 Ghia saloon
« on: Sep 5th, 2013, 12:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello All,

It is with regret that after 7 years of Scorpio ownership that I have decided to sell my beloved beast. The reasons being several: My wife is starting a new job & will be earning less than present. We already have an 03 combo van (yes I know)! so I will have to downsize & for the mileage I do, I can no longer justify 25/30mpg.  

The Scorp failed its MOT last week on 2 tyres, ball joints & a brake pipe. However, it is being retested on Thursday 5th September & is expected to pass, so the car will have a full MOT. However my good friend mechanic of 15 years who has done all recent work on it informs me that a couple of problems are starting to show such as rot underneath & a slightly leaking brake caliper.
I have recently had the offside rear wheelarch cut out & replaced with new metal. At the moment it looks ugly as it hasn't been finished off but I have been quoted £200 to have it looking as good as new including the nearside rear wheelarch to be replaced & finished with the correct paint.
The A/C needs a re-gas but I can have this done in the meantime. The tax runs out at the end of September but it will come with 6 months tax.
I bought the car in May 2006 with 102278 on the clock & Full Ford Service History upto around 65,000. I had it  Serviced at Fairway Ford of Liverpool at 106,000. My mechanic friend serviced it earlier in the year and has had new oil, plugs, leads etc...
It now has 133,000 on the clock so 30,000 over the last 7 years reflects the mileage I cover.
The car drives & runs as it should & everything works fine. The heaters/cool air fans however only work on the maximum speed.
It is silver, Ghia saloon with raven leather interior. it has manual 5 speed box & is 2.3l petrol.
Registered in April 1998 & new to pendragon contracts until approx 65,000. Sold to an old chap in Blackpool who used it for a couple of years to tow a caravan. It was then sold on to a guy in Rainhill, Merseyside who had it for around 12 months. He sold it to me as I was working in his area at the time & I left a note on the windscreen asking him if he'd like to sell it to me & the rest is history!
As far as I am aware there is no hidden agenda with this car or has ever been a write-off. It has been the best car I have ever owned & has never let me down apart from when the Thermostat stuck in the bad winter we had a couple of years ago resulting in being towed back but was repaired the next day. If you read the problem forums, you will hardly, if ever see me posting in there as I simply never had the need to!

I will hopefully upload some pictures over the next few days as the car is away for repairs at the moment but in the meantime, if you would like to know more or have any questions please pm me  & I'll get back to you.

I have been as honest as I can here & in no way would I set out to mis-sell something, especially my beloved Scorpio. I am in Liverpool & the car would be able to be driven away without any fuss (taxed & Mot'd).
The car will be going on ebay as a last resort as I would like to se what interest it generates here & would prefer it to go to an enthusiast as despite its faults, I believe is one of the better ones around.

I am looking in the region of £1000 but as always, I am open to offers.

Thanks for reading.

Lee.
IP Logged

Shall not be defeated!
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

Re: Reluctant sale of 2.3 Ghia saloon
« Reply #1 on: Sep 5th, 2013, 11:04pm »

Lee, Unless the car is pucker, pristine and all working with all knobs on, you will be lucky to get  near £300, scrap maybe £250. Sorry, but that's the market for you. Don't mean to dent your hopes but i'm being honest as to your chances of getting any more than that. Cheers Lee
IP Logged
Daniel

Best cars Ever!!!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 6th, 2013, 12:24pm »

Sadly lee is right Sad  
Mine does need some work but I got my 24v with a months tax and 5 months MOT for 250
All the best with the sale anyway mate Smiley
IP Logged

98 Facelift 2.3 Cuirass Ghia Estate 170k miles
97 pre facelift 24v Silver Ultima Saloon 24k miles
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 6th, 2013, 2:36pm »

I think I'd struggle to get a Thou' for mine, and it's near as perfect with a Twelve month ticket on it!
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
3drzetec

24v ultima, 3dr sierra,golf gti tdi,06 transit.

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:44pm »

is this still for sale?
IP Logged
merseyscorp

98 manual 2.3Ghia saloon

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 28th, 2013, 2:26pm »

Sorry for slow reply...Car is no longer for sale. Thanks. Smiley
IP Logged

Shall not be defeated!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.