Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 12:13pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« My 98 2.5 Diesel Auto Ultima 12 months MOT »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   My 98 2.5 Diesel Auto Ultima 12 months MOT
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My 98 2.5 Diesel Auto Ultima 12 months MOT  (Read 1830 times)
Geoff_W

98 Ulti2.5tdi Auto

View Profile

My 98 2.5 Diesel Auto Ultima 12 months MOT
« on: Sep 11th, 2014, 10:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am considering selling my 98 2.5 Diesel Auto Ultima, Mid Atlantic Blue, 12 months MOT, currently with 6 months tax, full clean black leather, cruise, global closing and opening, sunroof and two remote key fobs. 6 stack cd player in the boot, tow bar and electrics, (we use the Freelander to tow) added bluetooth and USB via transmitter.

I have been thinking things over. When I bought this back in 2010 I very much saw it as a hobby car. It was bodily in reasonable condition but it needed work, usual rear wheel arches some other body work and a list of  smaller niggles, mechanicals were generally OK and it had done just over 80,000 miles.  

It is much improved, the niggles are resolved apart from the Air Con it has become my daily transport and routinely will take me on daily journeys of up to 100 or even 100s of miles.  

It is a beauty in Mid Atlantic Blue. I have had the body sills and arches done, it runs sweetly. I had an Autobox refurb by Barnsley Auto Transmission service, including Kevlar clutch materials and synthetic transmission fluid and the gearbox works smoothly and well.

Biggest niggle is lack of really cold air from aircon and that would be the next task. (By the way the sunroof works and gets used)

The thing is that I am using it for what it was intended as new putting miles on it in the process. The mileage keeps going up just passed 140k and I do not have the space to park it up and treat it as it deserves.

It came through its MOT in an exemplary way, with an advisory on brake pipes that will need addressing at some point but not urgently.

I am considering putting it on the market. The last time I looked at the DVLC data it is one of only 18 diesel autos still recorded as either SORNED or taxed. Remember that they only produced the diesel auto from DEC 97 to June 98 so it is potentially an appreciating asset.

Not going to be interested in banger or breaking proposals.

For the sites elders (you know who you are) what do you think I should be aiming for?  

Geoff

IP Logged

The winding road goes on and on... or at least it does in Northumberland
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

Re: My 98 2.5 Diesel Auto Ultima 12 months MOT
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11th, 2014, 12:21pm »

Hey Geoff

Well, if someone wants the car and you've really gotton rid of the rusty bits with photo-proof, you should get between 12 and 15 hundred.   But.................if no-one wants the car you might pick-up a convert for under a thou, but how far under a thou is anyones guess!   The problem with this site is everyone (or at least most) has a Scorpio and timing is everything.   Mine has a years ticket on it and a full tax, has very little rust, about a 50p size bit on the rearward bit of the rear wheelarch, one advisory for the off-side wishbone which only lasted 3 years!   I'd be marketing mine for about 1100 quid, it has 119k miles.   I know that no-one will give me that money for it though, so I won't sell it.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Geoff_W

98 Ulti2.5tdi Auto

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 11th, 2014, 12:56pm »

Well yes timing is everything.

Am just off to France for a fortnight and when I get back I will put some photos up so that people can see what we are talking about.

However here is a picture taken at Harewood last year (2013) mines the one with the poppy!

http://s615.photobucket.com/user/mondeoman/media/Harewood%20House%202013 /DSCN1623.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

More later.

Geoff

IP Logged

amigafan2003

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 11th, 2014, 10:04pm »

I love that colour.
IP Logged
Geoff_W

98 Ulti2.5tdi Auto

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 12th, 2014, 12:37pm »

Yes its brilliant!

Have decided will be giving eBay a try when I get back.
IP Logged

gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 12th, 2014, 2:12pm »

Registered in the late lamented DVLA office in Peterborough eh Geoff  Cool,it's coming into classic status soon and could qualify for free VEL before much longer  Wink
IP Logged
mondeoman

2.9 24V Cosworth Ultima + 2.3 16V Facelift Ultima

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Sep 28th, 2014, 10:55pm »

Geoff,

Does that mean your giving up on Scorpios and you won't be attending any more Harewood House events?
I sadly could not make it this year due to holiday, but plan to be there next year and all on my own by the looks of it!
IP Logged
Geoff_W

98 Ulti2.5tdi Auto

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 1st, 2014, 11:10pm »

Sorry for the delay in responding, have been out of circulation (Battlefields in Flanders and  Picardy) Well I will come and say hello, but I don't think I will be in a Scorpio.

The car has now gone on eBay and I am waiting to see how things go. Really hope it gets a good home.

Description is:

1998-FORD-Flagship-SCORPIO-ULTIMA-Rare-2-5-diesel-TD-AUTO-Mid-Atlantic-B LUE  

Should find it if anybody fancies it.
IP Logged

Geoff_W

98 Ulti2.5tdi Auto

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 2nd, 2014, 3:18pm »

Well somebody just pushed the buy it now button.
IP Logged

Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 3rd, 2014, 8:06am »

Great news for you Geoff.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Geoff_W

98 Ulti2.5tdi Auto

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 3rd, 2014, 9:28pm »

Thanks Dave,

Even so I will be sad on Sunday when it goes. I will keep an eye on the site and maybe one day in the not too distant future will find another Scorpio project.

So far I have had 3 saloons, 2litre, 2.9 12 valve and the 2.5 VM. Yet to try a Cosworth or a 2.3 and yet to try the estate.

Really not sure what I am going to make of the 2.0TDCI Focus 3 Door Titanium that replaces KFL certainly going to miss some of the creature comforts but theoretically going to see some good fuel savings. We shall see.

Cheers!

Geoff

Wink
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.