Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 10:08am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Old 'Movvy' »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Old 'Movvy'
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Old 'Movvy'  (Read 1384 times)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

Old 'Movvy'
« on: Jan 8th, 2018, 6:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Probably not a great time to try and sell a car, but my lovely wife has I think quite rightly asked me sensibly to think about reducing my cars, no mention of the Bikes yet.   I've just this year bought two more cars, all for using, and something (as a New Year resolution) has got to go.   I'm also putting up my Jaguar, and my Laverda on other sites.

S169 MOV   is a good hard-working car with 132k miles.   2.3 pre-facelift Ultima.    I've had the car for Ten years, and it's had no advisories on MOT since this last MOT in Aug'2017.   The advisory is for greased-up fuel lines and brake-lines, and underseal on the underside of the car.   This is because the new test says the tester isn't allowed to scrape-off the grease or underseal.   You can easily look this up on the Gov' web-site.

I'm not going to put everything great about the car up here, it's too much.   I have a very thick file of service item receipts, and a small note-book diary that has a whole raft of work I've done.   I'm a Fully-Qualified City and Guilds Mechanic, with 381/383/390 certificates, and 168/169 heavy Locomotive Quals.   I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, why would I ask anyone to do work on any of my cars? Grin

At 110k miles the Scorp had it's gearbox replaced with a completely re-built (not refurbished) auto box with brand-new parts from USA.   This work was done by Dave on this site.    At 120k miles, I fitted a brand-new Ford Petrol Tank with Pump.   The car sits outside in all very Northern Scots weather, and NEVER fails to start.   It has been driven to Malta twice, to take service parts out to my 1969 Zodiac, and without so much as a miss.   The interior is very good, it's always had mats, and has a half wood wheel, and all electrics work.   I only converted the electric sunroof to manual because I couldn't be bothered to do the change over with the motor.  Full Stainless Steel Exhaust.   Cat changed when the gearbox was changed, Ford Cat.  

The car would come with a mountain, yes an almost small shed full of spares, that I couldn't list here.   It runs on virtually new tyres just now, full size 225's.   they are on a set of re-furb powder coat 12 spokes.   I have a second set of 12 spokes re-furbed black with good winter tyres, 205 rear, 225 front.   I have full spare lights all-round, most new including fogs, and heads.   full light-bar for rear.   Loads and loads of spares.   Re-furbed ABS units, you ask, I have.   (not sold separately)  

If you are interested, PM me.   But please, don't piddle me about!   If you are really interested then I'd travel down and let you see the car, But I'd need to hear some REAL interest from you.   I can send you current photo's of the car, if you have an email I can send them to.   I've tried before to let this car go, and ended up keeping it to do more work on it.   People think they can get cars like this for a few hundred quid................wrong.   I don't want a mint for it, I just want what it's worth, I'm not even sure what it's worth!   But with it's history, and it's condition, a wee bit more than a thou' I reckon.

It has BAD bits.   It currently has a rumbly off-side bottom ball-joint.   I'll either have it sorted soon (myself) or I'll have a new unit included.   It has rusty rear wheel arches in the usual apex place, worse on drivers side.   I have two new full arches ready to go on.   The rear of the front doors have surface rust, and the front of the rear doors have the same. Aye, where they close.    Nothing serious.   All door-checks are rust free, all doors around the bottom are rust free.

I've loads of revealing pics.    If your interested, let me know.   It's a good car, I'd be loath to let it go, and it is NOT advertised anywhere else and will not be.   This car is too good for a non enthusiast.   It won't go to a car-scrapper either.   If it doesn't sell, I'll bite the bullit and put it to a mates shed for my retirement.

Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
PJDavis

View Profile Email

Re: Old 'Movvy'
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2018, 1:13pm »

New wishbone ordered.   Will be fitted ASAP once the frost goes away!  Wink
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 17th, 2018, 5:34pm »

New wishbone now fitted.    The car will have to go one way or another, and fairly soon.   I've put it up on Gumtree, I've put a price on it but, that is quite negotiable.   If it doesn't go soon, it'll go to the local Fire-Station I think!   I'll be sorry to let it go, it's a great car too good for scrap, but I've too much to work on now and I'm feeling older now whilst working on all these cars.  

Here

IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 17th, 2018, 9:03pm »

The link is Here

Peter, it often happens with long links. Click on Quote at the top of this post to see how I did it - that's how I copied the format from one of Simmo's posts Smiley
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 18th, 2018, 5:35am »

Peter that is one very nice looking car! Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: May 18th, 2018, 9:01am »

on May 18th, 2018, 5:35am, Simmo wrote:
Peter that is one very nice looking car! Smiley

Thanks.   Unfortunately most of the people on this site already have a Scorpio in as good if not better condition than mine.   I purposely chose the 2.3 as a preference to the Cosworth because I could more easily look after the whole package myself.   I’ve had the car for most of its life now and the reason it has a high mileage is having been to Malta Four times, fully loaded with spares for my Zodiac.   The car has NEVER let me down, and had regular servicing from myself.   I’m close to retirement now, and have too many cars to look after.   I have a 1995 Jaguar, a 1957 Jaguar, and Three motorcycles.   The only car I have cover for, and am able to work inside is the older Jaguar.   The Three Bikes live in my on-site shed.    
Sad days.   If the car doesn’t sell by beginning August, What I’d really like to do is donate it to this site.   I’d rather drive it to someone that would break it for spares on behalf of the site, to help fund this site further.   I would need advice on that please.   Otherwise, it’ll go down to the local Fire-Station.

Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: May 23rd, 2018, 7:06pm »

To those very few that have been interested.

As I've said many times, and mentioned in any of my selling sprees.    

I live in the North of Scotland, I'm a good Five Hours driving time North of Carlisle, The last 20 or so miles in a very twisty line are narrow roads.    

Inverness airport is about 25 mins from me, I would easily collect.   I think Bristol, Gatwick, Heathrow, Manchester, all fly to Inverness.   Trains are to Inverness, again I'll collect.   The car will easily get you back home...................Aye, easily!

Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.