Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 6:19pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 1998 2.3 Ultima charcoal green saloon »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   1998 2.3 Ultima charcoal green saloon
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 1998 2.3 Ultima charcoal green saloon  (Read 614 times)
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

1998 2.3 Ultima charcoal green saloon
« on: Oct 11th, 2019, 8:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all, for info I have reluctantly decided to try and sell my Scorpio, primarily due to lack of time and space. The intention is to advertise it once it has been given a good clean and polish, which will happen once it stops raining. I haven't finally decided what to ask but it will be somewhere in the region of £2,500.
It has an MoT until late March, and this year has had new sills, rear wheelarches, exhaust, front discs and pads, and a tyre. Various little jobs have been done and it has a new and expensive set of period-correct number plates. It lives in a warm dry garage and is used regularly on journeys short and long, having done a number of shows this year. It has two keys (one non-fob) and the handbook pack with a good deal of bills etc.
I will update this post when I have placed the ads but in the meantime if anyone on here is interested please do not hesitate to let me know.
IP Logged
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: 1998 2.3 Ultima charcoal green saloon
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31st, 2019, 10:13pm »

Hi all, I have listed my Ultima on EBay via a Classified Ad and Car and Classic for £2,000, I will have to wait and see what happens.
IP Logged
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27th, 2019, 9:21pm »

Well, the car hasn't sold and the advert expires tomorrow so I will be going to Plan B. There were four enquiries in all, one of which was serious but the distance made the transport uneconomic.

It doesn't appear that the other, and it seemed much better, 2.3 Ultima sold either.

I will now be getting the rest of the jobs on my list done, starting with the abs and traction lights in case that is something dire.
IP Logged
amigafan2003

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27th, 2019, 11:18pm »

2.5k is way to much - maybe 700 at a push.  The only cars getting around that kind of money are facelifted Cossie Ultimas.
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 28th, 2019, 7:43am »

Sorry to hear this hasn't moved on for you, perhaps the suggestion I made may work for us both, £700 is just above banger money-but they're moving on to E series mercs now so perhaps the paltry few we have may be spared the continous messages and door knocking from these people Grin

Facelifts are rare now and I personally prefer the early cars, seems more attention to detail went into them, and the extras that were deleted over time are useful equipment after all, what matters is the love of the marque regardless of the spec of the car, but base models really have lost the Scorpio plot, and are almost impossible to re spec to a good standard Roll Eyes

Speak soon my cos saloon will not surface 'till the spring, by then i will have washed it!!
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
a900one

A scorpio is for life not just for christmas

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 28th, 2019, 9:59am »

This time of year is always hard to sell a car, no mater how good it is Sad , and yours look a nice one.  As Roy says the early cars had all the toys, puddle lights etc, mine was at the end so several bit had run out by then, but being an ultima has plenty of things to play with. Try again in the spring.

Gerald.
IP Logged
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Nov 28th, 2019, 9:26pm »

Thanks for replies, it was listed at £1,500 latterly and was getting some interest at that level. It loses the puddle lights, gains a centre rear headrest - are any other items of equipment deleted on later ones?

I shall now be getting most of the other jobs on my list done, then look at a new radio and maybe cd changer, refurbish two of the wheels and aim to use it a lot more.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.