Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 8:27pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Ghia 2.9 »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Cars for Sale
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Ghia 2.9
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ghia 2.9  (Read 467 times)
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Ghia 2.9
« on: Oct 19th, 2019, 10:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Have you seen this one - looks nice in the pictures and history sounds impressive.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-Ford-Scorpio-Ghia-2-9-Automatic-1-owner- 11months-MOT/113923849559?hash=item1a8663fd57:g:rLcAAOSw6NZdd9Sk
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

Re: Ghia 2.9
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20th, 2019, 10:00am »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113923849559  if you cut the c**p it goes straight to it

Nice clean car but IMHO being Ghia spec (better seats then base and a few more bits added) it loses a lot of what the Scorpio is about, loads of "toys" and extra comfort.
 Of course not being a cossie 2.9 is good also as you get the v6 albeit with less grunt but you can actually buy spares for the engine and they dont cost you a fortune & the car goes into "top gear" before 48 MPH if you're light footed had somer of these while in Granies, not too thirsty and not really slow either.

It would be a good car for you Quentin as I can see this being to your liking, nice condition a little to do but then .....enjoy.

Unusual wheels though, wouldn't like to try and find one of those!

Roy
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20th, 2019, 2:33pm »

Hello guys

Now, I seem to remember this car from a good few years ago.   It was up for sale by the same person if I remember rightly.   It's a bloke that owns the car, and he 'dables' a bit in buying and selling but uses his wife/partner because she sells lots of stuff on ebay.   I wonder why it's being moved-on after all this time?   Certainly the car looks good, but I would need to get right underneath it with a small hammer!   Remember to check the items that are costly and difficult (for some) to replace.   Rear wheel bearings and front wishbones come to mind for starters.   The 2.9 is a good engine, is it better than the 2.3?   Different opinions here I think.    

Roy is right though, Scorpio is about all the toys and making sure they all work, and living the life of luxury.   And.............those wheels would have to go!   Offer £1400 for starters.  
 Grin
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20th, 2019, 4:40pm »

As Peter says basically a good car, wheels not to my taste (dont even like teardrops really-but thats me Smiley )
At £1400 he probably won't even reply, wants it gone, it seems fine and I think £1700 would get it and you would have a nice one. The wheel arch is the only concern that is a bit of a chance to tell how far its actually gone, but they dont MOT wheelarches (unless they are sharp edges) buy it run it love it, find a beter one .... I doubt it and not at the price.

Wink Shocked
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 20th, 2019, 9:51pm »

I thought the wheels were covers? I like covers personally though these look fiddly to wash.
I would have been interested before I got mine and spent a lot of time and money on it, but wouldn't want to start again.  
Looks like a good car for someone subject to careful checks, the history is appealing.
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 20th, 2019, 10:01pm »

They are alloys and & are fiddly to clean - I have a set that I used for winter tyres.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.