Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 6:08am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Re Tinted Windows »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Re Tinted Windows
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re Tinted Windows  (Read 924 times)
KEEF

1997 2.3 Ultima                  Dark Green

View Profile WWW Email

Re Tinted Windows
« on: Apr 13th, 2004, 6:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi to All
 About the sudject of tinted windows, when I read Kenboys Notice, I thought I better ring my insurance broker up, has I had just started with a new company and had not thought about telling them that the rear half had a over tint put on  by a previous owner. Well when I told them I had the rear Not the front tinted. You would of thought I told them I had run five Nuns down on a zebra crossing. They wanted to know if it was factory done, if not could I get a engineers report (what ever that is) I told them I could take it to a place that tints windows an ask for a report but they said that was no good,they wanted to know where it was done originally, when I told them that I had no way of finding that out. they told me that they could not insure me. This Was with Budget  and insured with Churchill. I had only been with them 7 day's they have taken the first 2 months payments out on direct debt which I'am still trying to get some money back from. I tried a couple of insurance company's Elephant .co.uk they wouldn't insure me ever. I end up with Norwich Union. Because it 7.30 pm and I needed to go out that evening. Sorry this is so long but I thought I had better Let you Know, that if you have tint windows and your insurance company does not know, you  MAY NOT BE COVERED ( they don't need a lot to stop them paying out)
Keith
IP Logged

YOU CAN TELL A GOOD WAX BY THE BEADS OF WATER LEFT ON THE CAR. MUST BE HAIL STONES ON MINE !!
admin
Administrator

The Big Boss

View Profile

Re: Re Tinted Windows
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13th, 2004, 12:13pm »

http://www.pentagonglasstech.com/news_legal_update.asp

Pete c
IP Logged
DJWerkz

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 14th, 2004, 4:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

This follows a recent thread on this very issue and I did speak to a friend of mine that runs a window tinting company to see what the 'real' implications are.
He said,...'funny you should ask, I just met with the local vehicle inspectorate who have given me the contract to remove window tints on all vehicles brought in to the UK by US military personnel'.
It seems that the Government are already enforcing this new law so it is highly recommended that any who have tinted windows declare this to their insurers immediately and be prepared to change their tints if it does not conform to the new standards.
IP Logged
Boblavens

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20th, 2005, 7:05pm »

That will be interesting as I spoke to a mechanic friend of mine and he was telling me that some of the Mercs amd BMWs in the past (Approx 2-3 yrs old) were acually made with tinted glass!!
Vehicle Inspectorate would be a bit suffed with that or would they insist that the owners removed the flippin' glass? wipers won't work then would they?
Probably! Knowing the bunch of Monkeys and Jobsworths that they are!!!

Bob
IP Logged
brewer

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22nd, 2005, 10:25pm »

Not just tinted windows either.I had a letter some years ago from my insurers (but on behalf of the insurance industry) that if it is a condition that the vehicle is kept in a roadworthy condition and the owner makes it technically unroadworthy then they reserved the right to refuse a claim. Examples given were illegal number plates and so on.
The small print on the back cancels the large print on the front.
IP Logged
dart

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 24th, 2005, 10:04pm »

As far as I know(since I was a kid dreamin of owening an xr3) Any thing that impairs the vision from the inside of a motor vehical has always been a grey area in law!
   You may notice that factory standard fitted glass is never as dark as the add on stuff,(unless off cause your the prime minister,John Prescot or Prince Charles,in which case,it can be as dark as you wish and bullet proof) and furry dice are a no no.They only need the slightest excuse and we pay more,be it the police or the government!
IP Logged
Boblavens

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 30th, 2005, 3:12am »

Brewer
Do you mean Swapping plates or these daft font ones, when you say illegal plates?

Bob
IP Logged
nitram

'96 2.0 16v Ultima - Loden Green

nitrammanc  
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jun 30th, 2005, 11:11am »

Someone round our way got done for having a St George's cross on his number plate...

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/men/news/s/163/163125_by_george_his_nu mbers_up.html
IP Logged
Boblavens

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 30th, 2005, 7:11pm »

How pathetic is that.
Plod must have been struggling for "Collars" that day.

Bob
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 30th, 2005, 7:21pm »

TINTED WIDOWS,ILLEGAL PLATES,ILLEGAL SPACING ON PLATES......

AND THAT'S JUST ON MINE Wink Wink Wink
IP Logged
brewer

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jun 30th, 2005, 10:39pm »

I understand that incorrect letter/digit spacing and wrongly coloured fixing bolts are causes for MOT failure , so the vehicle would be legally unroadworthy. Whether anybody has had a claim refused because of this I don't know.  I suspect if it did happen word would soon get around and I've not heard of anything like this.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.