Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 8:23pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Chronicles of the journey to the Derby meeting. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Chronicles of the journey to the Derby meeting.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Chronicles of the journey to the Derby meeting.  (Read 1154 times)
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« on: May 3rd, 2004, 3:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

4am. Switch the alarm off. Early start, you know!
4.20am. After a quick shower, check emails and the forum.
5am. Journey begins.
5.10am. Start of the motorway. Set cruise control to 81/82 on the dash. Guess that’s about 70mph. I want to see what mpg I can get out of my LPG conversion.  
7.30am Stop for a bit to eat and some gas. One of the things I’ve noticed is how many people are speeding. Something like 90% are doing 70 to 85mph. The other 10% are going for it. Some go by as if I was stopped!
8am. Back on the road. The car’s been a joy to drive so far, even with my wishbone problem.
9.20am. Getting closer now so switch on my sat nav. Quickly discover it’s not working! Nightmare! Have no idea where I am. I need to go back to the old fashioned way off doing things.
9.25am. Spot a sign for Alton Towers. Great! I know where that is. I keep heading that way until I see a sign for Derby.
10am. Miss the turn for Hatton. Being blind as a bat when it comes to reading road signs doesn’t help. I take the next exit, only to find another sign for Hatton. That’s a bit of luck.
10.20am. See the Kestrel across the traffic lights. Remember a petrol station just passed the kestrel. Do a bit of cheating! Go in and use the car wash! Well, I’ve just driven nearly 280 miles! Car 30, fly’s nil!
10.30am. Greeted at the Kestrel by Kevin. Park in my designated parking space. Well organised! Mind you, a bit of a squeeze with that many Scorpio’s!
11am. Start my first obd-2 reading. Asked by other member if I can do their car next. Then another, and another, and another……..Oh, by the way. If I had a startled and confused look on my face, like I didn’t know who you were etc, it’s because I didn’t! I’m terrible for remembering names and faces! You’ll get used to it!
4.15pm. Stop for a drink! Thanks Danny! Check the time. Ah! Where’d all the time go? What about my nice Sunday lunch? Oh well, that’s how it goes!
4.30pm. Back out for the last of the obd-2 readings.
6.15pm. Finished! Last one done! Pointed out to everyone that I’m no expert on the obd-2. Told them to post to the mailing list and/or the forum so the real experts can figure out what’s wrong or right with their cars! Everyone look out!
6.30pm. Bid my farewells to the last of the posse and set of for bonnie Scotland.
7pm. Stop for a Burger King. Some Sunday lunch! At least it’s warm.
7.30pm On the road again. Getting a bit tired now. Start playing a game with myself. I’ll try and get the most out of a gallon of gas. Set a new record for my conversion, 28.3 mpg. That works out at 56.6 mpg as gas is 37.9 pence per litre. Can’t argue with that. Never even got that when I bought the car and drove up from Doncaster.
11.20pm. Back home again. broken! Check email and forum. Post a thank you to Kevin for a great meeting, again.
11.30pm. Bed! Lie there thinking about the journey and start getting nightmares about having to do it all again for the Harewood House, Leeds meeting. I must be mad!

‘till next time. Roll Eyes

andrew

IP Logged
Kevin_Tulloch

What flashing lights officer!!!!

View Profile Email

Re: Chronicles of the journey to the Derby meeting
« Reply #1 on: May 3rd, 2004, 3:13pm »

Hi Andrew

Well done mate.It was much appreciated by everyone,you making the effort and turning up and doing all the OBD readings.Glad you got home safely.

Regards
Kev
IP Logged

Cossie Ultima with a few surprising mods,but it's
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 3rd, 2004, 3:22pm »

Blimey mate - I thought I had a long journey!  Shocked
And its no wonder I never got to meet you. You were staring at a laptop all day it seems.
Still, maybe next time eh?

Paul
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: May 3rd, 2004, 4:37pm »

Andrew Thanks for making the effort Its a nightmare of a journey... I know I do it often enough not so bad when you get north of Lancaster but that first/last bit is hell...... Well doen and glad I found you at least we spoke .. Cheers

Snoopy
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
bertie

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 3rd, 2004, 11:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

we had planned to leave at 7.30 sharp but because the missus was faffing about with her makeup and hair, we left at 8.10 and had to go for petrol...then she wanted to go to the loo half into the journey so we called at the services on the M1.....bought the west midlands Autotrader as well to see what price motors sell for down in that land.

11am and we are in Derby but miss the turn and see 2 Scorps blagging in the other direction...hmmmmm follow them...drat...lost them at the roundabout...JCB roundabout....we see another Scorp and flag it down...i approach his window...are you going to the meet? yes is the reply...thank god was my thought or I would have felt stupid.....ok do u know the way...no says Kef....Crap...we follow the road round to the right and by luck come up to the Kestrel......yippee..we get parked and watch in amasement at the sheer numbers that arrive later on...last count was 40 something .....

a tribute to Kev for arranging the meet and his  aggreement with the man upstairs for the great weather...he must be a scorpio owner himself...

simon
IP Logged
Alan

I Love My Cosi

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: May 4th, 2004, 12:33am »

Hi there Andy

I would like to thank you for doing the obd2 thing on my car. I tell you I was releved when you told me that there were no fault codes recorded, I will start saving up just in case my cat do break up though.
Thanks again for all your time and effort and I look forward to meeting you again.
Cheers
  Alan
IP Logged

I have a 95 cosi and I love it
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.