Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 8:27pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« DISTANCE TRAVELLED TO DERBY MEETING »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   DISTANCE TRAVELLED TO DERBY MEETING
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: DISTANCE TRAVELLED TO DERBY MEETING  (Read 1131 times)
Fitzy

WILMAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile Email

DISTANCE TRAVELLED TO DERBY MEETING
« on: May 3rd, 2004, 7:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey Guys

Just so we can let everyone know how passionate we are about our scorpio's, evryone who turned up should post to this thread what the distance was they travelled to get to the meeting on sunday.

I personally done a 450 mile round trip, so come guys and girls start reading those trip meters and lets show how far we would all go to have a good day out in our scorpio's.

Here's to you guys

Fitzy    Wink Grin Wink
IP Logged

DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHY I DO IT......BUT I LOVE IT...........
Kevin_Tulloch

What flashing lights officer!!!!

View Profile Email

Re: DISTANCE TRAVELLED TO DERBY MEETING
« Reply #1 on: May 3rd, 2004, 7:41pm »

Hi Fitzy

What a good idea.Then maybe it could be added together.How long before you "c**kneys" (won't let me write it,calls you "thingyneys!!!!) start running a "book" on it?!!!Put me down for a "monkey" on 2000 miles.Leave it out,strike a light,apples and pears......!!
By the way 22 miles round trip,i tell you,had to stop off twice,i was cream crackered,nearly fell asleep!!

Regards
Kev
IP Logged

Cossie Ultima with a few surprising mods,but it's
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 3rd, 2004, 8:37pm »

hi there

just short of 560 miles! set a new record on my lpg...28.3mpg*@ 49mph average speed. Grin well pleased. i've still to go to the main supplier for them to put it on the dyno/rollers, so might get more on the way back from harewood house.

regards
* real figure. didn't reset trip computer, just let run. steady 81/82 on clock, a/c off and cruise on.
IP Logged
KEEF

1997 2.3 Ultima                  Dark Green

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: May 3rd, 2004, 9:10pm »

Hi Dave
 My total for the round trip was some what less then your's, because I didn't go by the M6 348 ish. I didn't put my trip-meter on until A13 Thurrock. See you soon M8

Keith
 Kev
 I would put you down for a pony and a little one at that !! Just  a  Chuckle,Me Old China
IP Logged

YOU CAN TELL A GOOD WAX BY THE BEADS OF WATER LEFT ON THE CAR. MUST BE HAIL STONES ON MINE !!
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 3rd, 2004, 9:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi. 22 miles eh kev? no wonder you organised the event. Maybe  scorpio man will organise the next one and he can get his own back on you. Grin Grin Anyway to join the bandwagon my 24v ultima did  a rond trip of 44 miles and averaged 24.7 mpg with the a/c on. Well done again m8 for a brill day Wink

Cheers Nick
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: May 3rd, 2004, 10:54pm »

435 miles for me. I think that's what it was anyway. Will have to check my other posting in the thank you section.
Air-con was also on all day and we got 27.6 mpg. Not fantastic, but sometimes we may have crept over the speed limit, ever so slightly. Especially on the way home eh Fitsy?  Shocked

Paul
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
Fitzy

WILMAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: May 3rd, 2004, 11:10pm »

Hi Paul

It wasn.t me driving it was Angie i had me eyes closed most of the time, was feeling rather tired, when i did open them i noticed she was doing nearly 100 mph so fuel consumption was well out the window, but at least no toilet breaks on the way home.  A38/M42/M40/M25/M23 was shorter than journey up.

Regards  

fitzy    Wink Grin Wink
IP Logged

DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHY I DO IT......BUT I LOVE IT...........
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: May 3rd, 2004, 11:18pm »

I wondered if you might have dropped off. Maddy did eventually.
As you say, no more bog-breaks, but it felt longer to me somehow. Maybe it was all the roadworks & stuff. I kind of got held up at the end of those, and had to do the ton to catch up again!  Grin

All the best Dave.... Paul
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
bertie

Email

« Reply #8 on: May 3rd, 2004, 11:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

autoroute sais 183 miles there so should have been 366 return! we got lost at foston and were looking for directions when we bumped in Kef!!!! talk about blind leading the blind eh Kef!!! anyway, i finished off with a total mileage of 398 return. Aircon on full bore all the way and cruise was set at 85.......got 30.4 mpg.

also thanks to AMF sorry forgot your name....for flashing rear brake lights as he was passing a stationary traffic car parked on the hard shoulder......that was better than my snooper 715!! ha ha

simon
IP Logged
Alan

I Love My Cosi

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: May 3rd, 2004, 11:32pm »

Hi Guys
Back home now but couldnt tell you how many miles or MPG because I kept on blowing fuses and my clocks were reset each time but. It was a great day.  
So back in my garage now tomorow night to try and find the fault. OH I can tell you it took me 6 hours to get back home and 11 Fuses. Not bad for a 3 and a  half hour drive err.
Alan
IP Logged

I have a 95 cosi and I love it
Thunderchild

My other car's an Aprilia

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: May 4th, 2004, 10:53am »

Hi Guys,

My journey was about 630 miles and averaged just over 29 mpg. I did go via Southampton from Edinburgh though so not sure if that counts!! Thanks again to Kevin for a great day, good to meet all the owners and I'm sure that I'll meet up with Scorpio-man over in Glasgow at some stage.

Thunderchild
IP Logged
KEEF

1997 2.3 Ultima                  Dark Green

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: May 4th, 2004, 4:46pm »

Eh you right there Bertie (Simon)

Talk about pass the white stick and mind my labrador, and if it hadn't been for those traffic light next to the pub, and all those familiar  rear's facing the road,( the Car's ) before you start, we may have sailed straight passed it again. Still it wouldn't have been much fun going straight there. You would have missed all that lovely scenery. Hope to see you at Harewood M8.

Keith   Grin   Roll Eyes
IP Logged

YOU CAN TELL A GOOD WAX BY THE BEADS OF WATER LEFT ON THE CAR. MUST BE HAIL STONES ON MINE !!
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: May 4th, 2004, 7:10pm »

A blipless 250 round trip, average just on 30mpg   2.3 saloon.

Regards kenboy
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: May 4th, 2004, 8:32pm »

120 mile or so round trip for me nothing at all to some of you guys sorry no meter readings didn't do a reset.. nnever have .. but might try it some time  .. average overall on 40K 22.7 sometimes get it up to 30+ after a few good runs av speed is 32 ...... says something I suppose .. but wasn't it great on Sunday!
Cheers
Snoopy
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.