Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 12:34pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« got a problem, HELP »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   got a problem, HELP
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: got a problem, HELP  (Read 868 times)
smookysue

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

got a problem, HELP
« on: May 19th, 2004, 10:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone was hopin some one could help me. I picked my scropio up on sunday, about half way home noticed a noise comin from the brakes at the back, turned out to be that there were no pads, could not drive back to dealer, so phoned him he said take it to a garage get it sorted then bring him bill and they would pay. also have relised i do not have logbook, they have lost it and are sorting that also.  
I want to know wot a P.D.I is, it say it has been carried out, we also have a years MOT with it which i find funny as the brakes needed doing Huh. Any advice any of you could give me would be a great help.
Thanks and i will enjoy my car if its the last ting i do lol
Sue
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

Re: got a problem, HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 19th, 2004, 10:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi smookysue,
     A PDI is a pre-delivery inspection. The car should have been looked over PROPERLY and had an interim servive. Ie fluids checked & changed. They should have noticed the pads were down as they should have checked those as well. You may well find that the discs are b****red as well. Im curiuos to know why the dealer said take it to a garage and bring them the bill. Do they not have facilities to carry out mechanical work? Or do they work in conjunction with a garage??
   I reckon that they DIDNT do a very good job af the PDI. Maybe worth asking what they checked during the inspection.

Hope this helps
    Nick Wink Wink Wink
IP Logged
Fitzy

WILMAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 19th, 2004, 10:41pm »

Hi Smokeysue

Sorry to hear about you problems, right firstly a P.D.I stands for a Pre Delivery Inspection and is carried out by Dealers to make sure everything is as it should be so the missing pads should have been spotted, and if they did do a P.D.I they should have completed a form to tick off the items checked so ask to see this.  Also it should never have passed the M.O.T with the brakes in that condition no reptuable M'O'T inspector would let anything which is that dangerous go by because he has to sign the M.O.T certificate, and if the Vehicle Inspectorate find out that your car passed in this condition there would be very srious consequencies for the garage involved.

Also when you get the brakes done you will also need to replace the discs/drums also take photo's of the brakes after the wheel has been removed to back up your claim, you should also ask the dealer for some money back as he put you in danger and don't be affraid to tell them that you will contact the Vehicle Inspectorate and tell them what they have done if they don't compensate you for the inconveniance caused, their no is on the reverse of the M'O'T certificate.

Good luck

Fitzy   Wink Grin Wink
IP Logged

DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHY I DO IT......BUT I LOVE IT...........
Rich

96 2.0L 16v ultima Est - Met Blue

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 19th, 2004, 10:52pm »

HI smokeysue I agree with what the other posts say. It could not have had a proper MOT with the brakes in that condition. I dont like the sound of this no logbook thing. You did get the car from a dealer didnt you? You are going to have to be quite forceful when presenting the bil for the brakes to this dealer. Hope you get it all sorted.
Rch
IP Logged
smookysue

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 19th, 2004, 11:35pm »

Grinthanks guys, i have had the discs replaced as they had groves in them or what ever they get. Wish i had throught to take photos, to late now but i have the bill with date ect on it.
the dealer did say to bring it back to them but i could not at the time and have not had a charnce to since as it is over 20 miles away and i got work ect, loads going on here as going to florida friday.
But thanks again you have givin me some resos to go back to him and kick some arse, at least i know wot to say to him now .
Sue
ps i will let u know how it goes
IP Logged
Max Payne

Canadian Ford 2.9L user and abuser!

Max_Payne_0001   Elfasto3
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: May 20th, 2004, 1:51pm »

Greetings from CANADA Sue. Good day eh?  Cheesy

Yep, eveybody's right when it comes to the PDI, and the shop F**Ked up royally. They obviously didn't do a "PDI", or if they did, they did a really crappy job of it.

They better cough up some free oil changes over this. With Synthetic oil. The real expensive stuff. Cool
IP Logged

1987 Ford Ranger, 2WD, 2.9L V6 12 valve, 3.73 gears, A4LD. 339,954 Km's on her. Edmonton, CANADA
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.