Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 4:37pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Thanks to all and what i think so far.. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Thanks to all and what i think so far..
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thanks to all and what i think so far..  (Read 674 times)
Phil_Waller

GSO Person

View Profile

Thanks to all and what i think so far..
« on: Oct 6th, 2004, 10:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just wanted to say this.. Smiley

I find that there is not a lot of commendation in the world now days and I think we also do not express gratitude as we used to..

On the GSO site it warms me when I get an email or a post on the forums with some kind of thanks for providing a voluntary service or helping someone out of a hole..

So... to all concerned..

Thank you for advising me on the car that I was bidding for on eBay. I researched everything using you guys and the main site before I put that killer bid in last week. It was a risk but one I am so glad a took.

Thank you to Eric for continuing to be a top star ( I have known this guy man and boy ) and giving the car the once over for me and checking out engine codes etc and generally giving me the thumbs up!..

Thanks to all of you that have replied to all my questions as I go over the car and iron out the niggles..

Last night I drove the Scorpio on a 50 mile cruise and I have to say that out of all the cars I have had ( and I have had some gooduns) pound for pound this is the best I have had... I am a Granada fan at heart but this car is miles ahead.. I know there is friendly banta between the two groups of owners but I for one will sing the Scorpios praises in any conversation (I think I used to anyway Wink )..

The things I have instantly noticed about the Scorpio compared to the Granada ( I have two L reg Granada Scorpios - a 2.0i DOHC and a 24v Cosworth)...

The gearbox.. the A4LDE - light years ahead of the A4LD...

The ride.. I thought the 24v Granada was a tight stable ride.. The Scorpio is miles ahead.

The brakes.. again comparing it to two late well looked after Granadas... The brakes are smoother and more effective..

The economy and power of the 2.3 16v is remarkable. For someone that is used to 2.9 V6's this is a very welcomed alternative. Also owning the 2.0i DOHC it is amazing how much difference there is in that 0.3 of a litre and the general technical advance of the I4 engine..

Climate control - Eric told me to keep this on all the time, I was hesitant at first but have used it as he suggested and again.. I am well impressed..

Memory settings for seats and mirrors... A great enhancement..

The rear mirror is a great toy.. I can see cars coming up behind with no glare and I can actually see the car detail ( i.e. if it is the old bill or not heh)

Trip computer is far more accurate that the Granada. I mean that in respect of the miles countdown. The Granada TC based it's figures on the average miles to the gallon and the fuel left in the tank.. I don't believe the Scorpio does that as it is far more accurate and changes as you would expect it refreshes more often?.

O/D disengage function - what a god send that is.. How many of us that used the A4LD had to knock the lever into 3rd to get that extra bit of go sometimes a bit too much.. The O/D function allows you to do that more gracefully...

Love the head lamp washers popping out of the bumper - great.

The one thing I don't like... They removed the lights from the doors.. That was always a great conversation starter when people opened doors in the dark... Then you could bore them for 30 mins about the great Granadas and Scorpios.. hehe

Anyway as you can tell I am well pleased with the car and well pleased with the reception I have had from people here.. I have made a donation to reflect that..

Thanks

Phil  Cool
IP Logged

1998Scorpio 2.3i 16v Ultima

craig

Email

Re: Thanks to all and what i think so far..
« Reply #1 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 10:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

well theres one happy guy....
good on ya phil....
glad you got what you wanted,and pleased to hear it has all worked out.....

a fellow very happy 2.3 driver.. Grin Grin Grin

regards

craig..
IP Logged
Lee_allen

Email

Re: Thanks to all and what i think so far..
« Reply #2 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 11:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Phil

I told you they are really good m8, I also loved my MKIIIs but these take it to another level!!!

R

Lee
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.