Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 4:23pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Group buys »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Group buys
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Group buys  (Read 669 times)
bazza

96 Ultima est. TD

View Profile Email

Group buys
« on: Oct 20th, 2004, 6:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I went into the 3 dealers today to try and get a rear wiper blade.  (Halfords/Bosch don't fit) All 3 had none in stock and did not want to order it as Ford sell them in packs of 10.  

This would mean that I would need to spend £75.10 for a wiper blade as the garages did not want to hold on to 9 blades. I wonder what would happen if the car was at Ford for an MOT and only failed on a split wiper blade.  
This happened when I went to buy the isolators for the load cover(still got 3 spare if anybody wants them).

The storeman said that Ford are starting to do this more and more with smaller items and I thought it might be an idea to have a section where people could list things they need.

E.g. 10 people with estates say they will buy a wiper blade, one person orders them and sends them on to the rest.

Just an idea that might make getting parts a bit easier.

By the way I managed to find a dealer with one blade left in Belshill.

Bazza

PS the rear bushes on the front wishbones were in stock, but not wiper blades. What's happening?
IP Logged
bob{

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

Re: Group buys
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24th, 2004, 9:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Bazza
     I'm in Bathgate, it would be great to have group buys ,why get stung for a larger amount of stuff, if you just need one? getting us all to agree to what we need may be hard work.but if thats fords new idea, we will all have to work as a team. Like the lads down south,its just getting to know each other, in our areas.HOPE TO C U ON THE ROAD SOMETIME. maroon est M reg

bob e
IP Logged

2.5td est Big is beautiful
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.