Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 4:35pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Bodyshop Recommendation Needed...vandalising scum! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Bodyshop Recommendation Needed...vandalising scum!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bodyshop Recommendation Needed...vandalising scum!  (Read 732 times)
alandempster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Bodyshop Recommendation Needed...vandalising scum!
« on: Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Morrnin' all,

Well last weekend I had a great Saturday night down in Littlehampton, that was ruined by an awful morning on Sunday.

I discovered on Sunday morning that some low-life scum has deliberately sharpened their keys on the nearside rear door of my new Cossie! So there are now TWO ugly scratches on the door.

I can only guess that this was caused by jealousy on the part of the scum involved. Frankly, if I was able to discover who had done this, I feel that cutting a hand off would be a punishment suitable for the crime. At least it would stop them doing it again....

Would you believe that they also decided to steal all four dustcaps from the alloys - presumably because they were aluminium, rather than the usual placcy type. Is that a standard feature on Ultimas- dunno? Anyway, that was easily rectified after a visit to Halfords - £3 for a new set.

But the vandal scratch - sickening as it is - leaves me with a problem, that I would like some advice about. I've done a touch-up job for the moment, to try and make it less painful to look at, but I know that I will not get away with that - I need the services of a decent body shop, so....

In the Berkshire / Middlesex areas, I'd love to know of any recommendations for bodyshops! Car painting seems to be one of these things that needs to be done to an A1 standard, otherwise it never looks good.

While I'm at it, I'll have the boot sprayed, where Baz slammed it down onto a steel flight case.....!!  Smiley

All recommendations welcomed... thanx... Al
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: Bodyshop Recommendation Needed...vandalising s
« Reply #1 on: Nov 2nd, 2004, 1:31pm »

Alan,

what can I say, I am gutted and agree totally that there is not enough done to stop these scumbags damaging cars as the cops see it as a non-crime and not as good an earner as speeding motorists.

The dust caps anmd valves were standard on the alloys that are fitted to your car and do look a lot better than the rubber ones fitted to normal wheels. One on my new one has been changed for a rubber one and it looks daft compared to the others. Just make sure you keep the air levels topped up as they do tend to leak a bit compared to the rubber ones.

I hope someone can help you out and good luck  

Baz
IP Logged
alandempster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 2nd, 2004, 2:37pm »

Hi Baz,

Thanks for your words of encouragement! I was majorly p**sed off, especially as it happened so soon after I got the car (can you tell?!)

Still, it gives me the opportunity to get the boot done, and I might get the painter to do the bonnet at the same time - the finish isn't quite as good as the rest of the car (probably done for paint chips!)

Anyway, at least I got the valve caps replaced. Not sure if I would have been able to get genuine Ford ones, so the Halfords jobs make me feel a bit better in the meantime!

Oh well, back to having fun playing 'hunt-the-short' that keeps blowing fuse F11 for the offside headlamp main beam!!!   Grin
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 2nd, 2004, 4:18pm »

A "Short"? I must admit that that is a new one to me, I never noticed but then I never really drive too much at night!

Baz
IP Logged
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 2nd, 2004, 7:24pm »

Try finding one of those smart repair people for the scratches, dont know if they will do the bootlid though. As for the valve caps, the little sods around here keep nicking mine as well. I even tried putting the mon with plyers and they still get them off!john.n Smiley
IP Logged
halfinch

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:30pm »

Hi guys,
 I too had the chrome valve caps stolen so I bought a set of locking ones, no pronlems since, a bit of a b****r when checking pressures bur still there after 8 months.
 regards Rob
IP Logged
Vulcan

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I bought a set of the locking ones with the little allen key grub screw... they must have brought their pliers with them cos they still screwed them off.. sadly it knacked the screws on the valves so nothing will screw on there now Embarassed
IP Logged
alandempster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:29am »

Heh, well at least I found the short circuit on the O/S headlamp! A dodgy spade clip that was giving a great connection straight to earth.. didn't get through too many fuses before I traced that one.

Anyone know how to remove the headlamp though? I found two bolts that hold the fitting in, but I reckon there's a third tucked under the wing or similar, as it wasn't loose enough for me to withdraw the housing. Didn't want to pull too hard, as I was waiting for the loud crack followed by a big bill, courtesy of Mr Henry!

Next up comes a full service, followed by replacement of the old 7000RDS with the same later 6006E in dash disc changer that I fitted to my Mondeo Ghia....

Hmm, best be careful to give the missus some attention soon, or I'll find myself in Scorpio 'Singledom' land - population ME!!  Embarassed
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Nov 3rd, 2004, 8:47am »

All of the removal and workshop manauals are on the disks I gave you with the car!!

Baz
IP Logged
alandempster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:18am »

Oh yeah, forgot about them!

D'oh!! Huh

Cheers, Baz !!
IP Logged
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 5th, 2004, 7:56am »

You are right anyway, there is a third bolt in the wheelarch. john.n Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.