Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 6:24pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« SUPER CHIPS ? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   SUPER CHIPS ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: SUPER CHIPS ?  (Read 913 times)
gadgetmandb

Don't let the b****rs grind you down

View Profile WWW

SUPER CHIPS ?
« on: Nov 12th, 2004, 9:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

UndecidedHas anyone been to this web site and has anyone fitted either or both of the devices and do the work... ? Undecided

http://www.superchips.org/ford.html
IP Logged

scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: SUPER CHIPS ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12th, 2004, 11:03am »

hi there

in a word, NO imo. they are playing on http://www.superchips.co.uk/bluefin/ name. i'd steer well clear.

i've tried a starchip(bbr) in my old sierra. no improvement in performance but a couple of better miles to the gallon!

not worth the money, sorry.
IP Logged
phuturephantasy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 12th, 2004, 3:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Chipping your car and altering the mapping held within the ECU to gain more power really doesn't work unless your car is Turbocharged (Including Turbo Diesels).  

There are dozens of Chip Manufacturers out there and with a non turbo car you're looking at a power increase of about 5 - 8 % you must just notice a very slight increase in performance, with a Turbo'd engine you can remap the ECU to raise the boost pressure on the Turbo and you could be looking at an increase of 30% - definitely noticable. I have a Volvo 850 T5 with Turbo rated as standard at 224 bhp, with a Rica chip upgrade that is raised Significantly to 304 bhp. My Scorpio Cossie is rated at 206 bhp and with the highest rated chip I've found 226 bhp - not exactly a massive upgrade and certainly NOT worth paying hundreds of pounds for.

Now if only I could Turbo my Scorpio without spending £3500+
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 12th, 2004, 4:57pm »

The advantage of having the ecu 'mapped' is to obtain the best possible perfomance from the fitted components.. just buying and fitting a different chip will not on it's own provide more peformance .. its far more complicated that that... The whole engine data has to be taken into consideration... pistons, compression ratio, valves,  cams, valve timing,  injectors, pressure etc etc...the list goes on ...... then when you have done all of that get it mapped correctly after running under various scenarios on the rolling road.... then you will notce a difference in perfomance, but its always a slight compromise.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.