Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 6:29pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Well Written but Skeptical »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Well Written but Skeptical
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Well Written but Skeptical  (Read 1433 times)
The Captain

Email

Well Written but Skeptical
« on: Nov 15th, 2004, 3:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Guys - there is supposedly an ULTIMA R Reg on ebay - see notes below - I am skeptical  

This  is a straight and nicely presented example of this top of range flagship model Scorpio Ultima 2.3 12v. IT SPORTS A VERY VERY RARE SPEC, IN AS MUCH AS IT HAS THE FULL RECARO 1/2 LEATHER TRIM. Just look at the photos, they say it all!   The body is finished in a stunning State blue metallic with the MOST STUNNING 1/2 LEATHER trim.   The condtion throughout, even the bumpers  (notwithstanding a tiny area of damage on one rer corner) are basically free from marks etc, the alloys are clean, and the car drives beautifully.    

It has an EXCELLENT SERVICE HISTORY with 8 entries in the service book!! The car has done an average of 22.5k miles per annum, and is 6 years old, you do the maths, we make it 135 k BUT THE CAR DRIVES LIKE NEW, AND WE STAKE OUR 1 ST CLASS REPUTATION ON IT!!  ITS AS SIMPLE AS THIS, IF YOU ARE THE WINNING BIDDER ON THIS CAR, AND YOU COME DOWN AND DRIVE IT, AND YOU THEN FEEL THAT WEVE MISDESCRIBED IT IN ANY MATERIAL WAY, WE WILL REFUND YOUR TRAVEL COSTS AND YOU WILL BE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO BY IT!   thats how confident we are of the condtion of the car and the way it drives!!  The specification on the Ultima is tremendous, as one would expect from a car that would have cost in the region of £30,000 new!  Spec includes, but is not limited to the following.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9844&it em=4503754058&rd=1

What are your comments

Captain

IP Logged
simonmd

Another GSO person!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Well Written but Skeptical
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 3:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Nice looking car but the obvious thing is it's NOT an Ultima! Has no Cruise or Climate Control.

Must be a Ghia with optional sports seating. I've not seen that 'half wood' steering wheel before either, is that rare? Also, doesn't know his engines does he, 12v 2.3? Er, no!

Still, it's at a sensible price at the mo.
IP Logged

Ex Ultima owner
The Captain

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 3:44pm »

Well spotted - You have passed the test for upgrade

from newbie - Captain

There are a few leather / wood steering wheels around - a couple of the crew have them
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 3:49pm »

is that half wood steering wheel rare Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

captain,it is not an ultima,ok the wheel and the seats look good,but they are not fully electric,and the climate and cruise has already been mentioned,remember it is always a buyer market,i know your situation leaves you a little desperate,but please dont go jumping in and panic buying just to replace yours,i think it has already been mentioned,but why dont you buy yourself a "runaround" (so to speak),just for the time being,and also to get you around looking for another scorpio.....
all the best to you....

craig..
IP Logged
waders

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 3:52pm »

The guy's feedback is excellent though, even says they have fixed faults found subsequently by buyers. It is difficult to get such a good feedback rating selling cars on ebay (I've seen some really bad feedback profiles for car sellers). I bought my Scorpio off ebay and was happy with it (the seller was upfront about the faults it did have).

Looks like a nice car! Grin
IP Logged
The Captain

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 3:59pm »

I am certainly not jumping in - or panic buying - but I can assure you I will have a good one for WSM 2005.

Pierced Ellie and waders have offered me a free ULTIMA - Not sure of all details yet - where perhaps I can switch all of the good bits - except interior of course

My Car ( R I S Y ) was 100% A1 Mechanically etc

Might be a feasible project

The free ULTIMA only needs an auto box and steering rack - If I can get the B O W - I  would enjoy the challenge

The  garage called me ( unofficially ) its totalled - uneconomic repair - was his words - but insurance engineer will assess today  

Captain

R I S Y - Rest in Scrap Yard
B O W - Burnt out Wreck
IP Logged
waders

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 4:19pm »

Same seller, but this one IS an Ultima. Smiley

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9844&it em=4503715610&rd=1

Waders.
IP Logged
waders

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 4:48pm »

How about this one?  Cheesy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9844&it em=4502160563&rd=1
IP Logged
Richard

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 5:13pm »

Michael, this a a Ghia with sports pack (Recaro seats and wooden steering wheel), The engine is a 16V as pointed out by simonmd. this is exactly the same as my Fathers car but his is petrol blue and a 2ltr.
Personally i prefer the other he has for sale, the facelift model. This seller has been about for a while, and i remember seeing cars from him when i was looking for a Scorpio well over a year ago, and i don't think you'd have any problems from this seller if you decided to go down that road.

Regards
Richard
IP Logged
The Captain

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 6:13pm »

Those examples are Starship Miles one of them  - 35K a year by six years is 210,000 miles - I am looking for one thats done less than 50K - either S or T reg

Like hens teeth - but one can hope - if you know of one for sale - let me know

Captain
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 6:42pm »

N Reg 24v, one owner from new with 44,000 miles. 237 Ramsgate Road,  Margate,  KENT  CT9 4EU Tel: 01843 280380  Chapel Hill Motor Company

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/dealerservices_photoad.asp?abname=C hapelHillMotorCompany&pageid=2&id=200445169969544

Looks OK

baz
IP Logged
Lee

2.9 12v ultima the mutts

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 7:03pm »

just 1 thing, thinking  back wasn't there  something on here a while back about this guy advertising a car in 2 areas or something along them lines cause the house was the same in both pictures can't remember out come but just thought i'd mention it .
      Lee
IP Logged
nick

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 7:11pm »

The first one is like simons, bertie, a 2.3 ghia with uptional fogs and headlapmp washers. The sports pack incluced the recaro and the hal wood wheel, but if yo lok not only no cruise, which was standard on the ultima, but no climate, which was also standard.

If you can find an s or t without 90,000 miles you are soing to be one lucky man.

Id go for the facelift myself, but then I lean towards them, but I do have 2 at the minute.

I you want low mileage have a look at these 2  

FORD SCORPIO 2.0 Ghia, 98
R manual, silver, raven leather trim, air con, 16Ó RS alloy wheels, 300 miles only £10995.  
Rod Allen Cars

Or

FORD SCORPIO 24v Estate Automatic,
94 M chianti, raven leather, air con, cruise control, CD player, 14,000 miles, 1 owner £11995.  
Rod Allen CarsDealer's Location Tel:   (01702) 471472

These are real low mileage.

Nic
IP Logged
The Captain

Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 7:22pm »

Thanks for those Nick but its an Ultima Auto Saloon  R S or T reg I really want one of those

Hi Baz - That N reg looks smart though

Maybe buy two if they are available - put one in vacuum storage

Captain  

IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 7:47pm »

I found mine on Ebay. S reg with 58k on the clock so they are out there

Somewhere will be the s reg 24v  nouveau red metallic one I missed with 22k on a couple of years ago just after I bought my red one. Still hurts that I missed it!!
baz
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 15th, 2004, 10:11pm »

hi there

the 2 inside photo's of the facelift car are from different cars. one has the wooden steering wheel and the other is a 12valve autobox. Undecided

strange!

ps. yes, i know. bit sad for spotting it. Grin
IP Logged
The Captain

Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 16th, 2004, 7:46am »

The whole ad is full of errors /anomalies - should have had it as a XMAS competition - Spot the mistakes - LOL Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Captain
IP Logged
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 7:33am »

I agree with Lee, this person/s advertise a lot on ebay. I noticed it when searching for my estate. I would be very wary , nothing they sell seems to be quite right. john.n Huh
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.